Discrepancy in Viewability Measurement for Preroll Campaign

Anas Mirza

Jul 31, 2024, 9:39:58 PM (6 days ago) Jul 31
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Hi Team,

We have encountered a 70% discrepancy in the viewability measurement between Google Ad Manager (GAM) and DoubleVerify (DV) for a direct campaign involving preroll videos. I am seeking assistance in debugging this issue.

As the issue pertains to preroll videos, we only initiate a trigger to the IMA SDK to render a preroll ad that is loaded. From this point onward, GAM tracks all relevant data such as the percentage of screen visible, quartile of video completion, etc. Notably, there is no discrepancy in the impressions data.

However, in terms of viewability, despite both GAM and DV utilizing the same methodology for calculating viewability, we are observing a significant discrepancy. This could be attributed to a different set of data tracked by the two platforms—data that is not handled by us but is tracked by GAM's IMA SDK itself.

Any insights or suggestions on how to debug this discrepancy would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.rooter.gg/
Disclaimer: This email including any accompanying documents with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of the company. If you have received this email in error, please notify the company immediately by reply email and then delete this message irretrievably from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail!

IMA SDK

Aug 1, 2024, 7:01:20 AM (6 days ago) Aug 1
to anas....@rooter.io, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Anas,

Thank you for contacting the IMA SDK support team.

IMA uses the Active View reporting of the Google Ad Manager to measure the viewability of ads. For the reporting part, kindly refer to the said Active View reporting article on Google Ad Manager Help. I would recommend looking at the IMA HTML5 OMSDK guide (Open measurement SDK).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02vEO6a:ref" (ADR-00260412)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team