IMA SDK Info Tag icon default behaviour for android

Pratik Kale

Jun 10, 2024, 11:42:36 AMJun 10
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I am using IMA HTML 5 sdk where if I click on the info tag icon (about this ad), it redirects to a clickthrough url in a new tab.

image (1).png

Is it the default behaviour for android SDK? (App is run on Amazon Firestick)

Is there a way to get / display the fallback image in HTML 5 sdk?

IMA SDK

Jun 10, 2024, 12:05:00 PMJun 10
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pratik,

Thanks for contacting IMA SDK support team.

Yes, This is an intended behavior of IMA SDK. In html5 it will open in different browser because they have browser support.
Since you are running in Amazon Firestick, and over there ad click Url can not be open in separate browser.
Due to this it is showing info in pop up. And for showing fallback image by clicking on video in html5, you can do this by updating <VideoClicks> clickthrough tag in your VAST.

Please note in Amazon Firestick your are actually not clicking video but clicking Icon program="GoogleWhyThisAd which he is having falllback image.

I recommend to not change/ update actual videoClick url to fallback image URL while using html5 because this is designed for tv's and html5 clicks will appear in different browser.

Kindly do reach out to us in case you need further support related to IMA SDK.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJGnM:ref" (ADR-00239335)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

Pratik Kale

Jun 11, 2024, 8:38:37 PMJun 11
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Thank you for confirming that its the default behaviour for Android SDK.

If I am using html5 SDK, is there a way to get the fallback image url from adsManager / ads object? Or through a click event?

Pratik Kale

Jun 12, 2024, 3:19:01 AMJun 12
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
We are working on a hybrid app for tv where we are using html5 SDK inside a webview to display ads. I have a couple of questions regarding the same
1. What should be the behaviour on clicking on the info tag?
2. What is the default behaviour for webOS / tizen tv apps which use html5 SDK for tv hosted apps?

These clarifications would help a lot.

Thanks.

IMA SDK

Jun 12, 2024, 6:01:13 AMJun 12
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pratik,

If your device supports the browser, it will automatically redirect to the URL specified in the <IconClickThrough> element. However, if your device does not support a browser, it will instead display the fallback image URL, such as Android.

Pratik Kale

Jun 12, 2024, 8:42:29 PM (13 days ago) Jun 12
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
The device is android based, the device does not support a browser. We are using a webview to display ads using html5 SDK (need to do this as its a hybrid app and not an android app).
Whats is the best way to handle click on info tag icon in such a scenario for a hybrid app?

IMA SDK

Jun 14, 2024, 10:36:54 AM (12 days ago) Jun 14
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pratik,

If device does not support browser then it must go to fallback image.
Kindly share your outcome in this matter, is it opening image just like as android  while using html SDK? or is it opening link inside webView only which is expected.

Kindly share your recording by using this ​​​​​​​link in case you are experiencing wrong while using html SDK.

Thanks