Issue with Android DAI contentSourceId in Sample

gourav...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2021, 1:02:55 PM3/24/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi There,

I was trying a content (tears-of-steel) from Android DAI Sample. I can see a issue with this content.

Steps:
1. Open tears-of-steel.
2. Let the pre-roll play.
3. Seek to the middle.
4. Mid-roll first frame is stuck. It will not play.

This issue is intermittent.

-Thanks
Gourav

IMA SDK

Mar 24, 2021, 4:32:35 PM3/24/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

Thank you for reporting this, I attempted to replicate this in an API 30 emulator many times and failed. The only thing I see is the delay from the end of midroll to start of seeked content in the Advanced Example. Are there any steps I am missing?

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ems9N:ref

gourav...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2021, 1:32:44 AM3/25/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Aryeh,

Your observation was intended I guess because now, if I am trying to play, it is playing for me as well. It is totally random. But it was not playing yesterday for me. I will shoot a video in case, if I find it again.

But can you please ask the team if this ID has some issue or any restriction based on the user-agents ?
Or else if you have any other HLS + VOD contnentSourceId, please share.

gourav...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2021, 2:55:10 AM3/25/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Aryeh,

I tried it more than 10-20 times.

IMA SDK

Mar 25, 2021, 4:14:03 AM3/25/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for sharing the video. For our reference, could you also share with us the SDK version and the device/OS information you are using here?

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ems9N:ref

Gourav Saxena

Mar 25, 2021, 4:25:50 AM3/25/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sherwin,

Android-10, MotoG6 India
IMASDK Version v3.22.3

Regards,
Gourav

IMA SDK

Mar 25, 2021, 6:10:35 AM3/25/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for this information. Upon further testing, I was able to replicate the issue successively by seeking back after the first midroll. Please see attached screen recording. I’m using a Pixel 3 XL emulator API 29 / Android 10 for this. With that, I’m going to share this with the team to investigate further. We will let you know once we have our findings.

vid001_mov.html

Gourav Saxena

Mar 25, 2021, 6:22:42 AM3/25/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sherwin,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Gourav

gourav...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2021, 12:11:07 AM4/6/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Sherwin,

Please let me know if there is any update or ETA.

IMA SDK

Apr 6, 2021, 3:12:19 AM4/6/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

Thank you for following up. But I’m afraid there’s no update yet. Let me follow up this with the team and will let you know for any feedback.

Regards,

Gourav Saxena

Apr 6, 2021, 3:15:06 AM4/6/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Sure Sherwin.

Regards,
Gourav

gourav...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2021, 5:28:33 AM4/27/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Sherwin,

Please let me know if we have any update on it.

IMA SDK

Apr 27, 2021, 8:23:18 AM4/27/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

We don't have an update now. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ems9N:ref

gourav...@gmail.com

May 9, 2021, 8:58:31 AM5/9/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Aryeh,

Any chance that you got any update from the team ? Please let me know.

IMA SDK

May 9, 2021, 10:12:48 PM5/9/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

I work with Aryeh.

Upon checking, I'm afraid we haven't gotten any feedback from the team. I will follow up this one and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ems9N:ref

IMA SDK

May 11, 2021, 11:03:26 AM5/11/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

My teammates confirmed this behavior on 'com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer:2.13.2', but it is fixed in 'com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer:2.13.3'. I tested it and found the same. Please get back to us if this doesn't fix it for you.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ems9N:ref

Gourav Saxena

May 12, 2021, 1:18:07 AM5/12/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aryeh,

The crash logs and video which I shared earlier, that was on v2.13.3 itself. Could you please check with the team again ?

Regards,
Gourav

IMA SDK

May 12, 2021, 5:40:22 AM5/12/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

I tried to replicate this issue on my end with Pixel 3a API 29 & API 30, Android 10 & 11, but was unable to do so as the video content continues to play after seeking back from the first midroll ad.

Unfortunately, I cannot see the video you shared before on your previous email as I am getting an error that it doesn't exist anymore.

Could you please provide us another screen recording that shows this kind of behavior using this version 'com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer:2.13.3'? So I can share and confirm with the team that the issue still exist on the latest version.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ems9N:ref

Gourav Saxena

May 12, 2021, 5:44:34 AM5/12/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Please check the video which I shared earlier. I will also try on my end.

Here is the start of the email thread.

I was trying a content (Big Buck Bunny) from Android DAI Sample. I can see an issue with this content.

AssetId: sN_IYUG8STe1ZzhIIE_ksA

Steps:
1. Open tears-of-steel.
2. Let the Ad Play (3 ads)
3. Let it play for 5-10 times.
4. You should see playback error.

Error Log:

2021-04-29 15:20:25.508 27749-27749/com.google.ads.interactivemedia.v3.samples.videoplayerapp E/IMASDK: Received displayContainer message: hide for invalid session id: 0400d24c-5cdf-49f6-8425-e818cc53ac8e
2021-04-29 15:22:14.108 27749-28017/com.google.ads.interactivemedia.v3.samples.videoplayerapp E/ExoPlayerImplInternal: Playback error
      com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException: Unexpected runtime error
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal.handleMessage(ExoPlayerImplInternal.java:586)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:65)
     Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.util.Assertions.checkState(Assertions.java:86)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.hls.HlsMediaChunk.getFirstSampleIndex(HlsMediaChunk.java:319)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.hls.HlsSampleStreamWrapper.skipData(HlsSampleStreamWrapper.java:638)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.hls.HlsSampleStream.skipData(HlsSampleStream.java:86)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.BaseRenderer.skipSource(BaseRenderer.java:427)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.video.MediaCodecVideoRenderer.maybeDropBuffersToKeyframe(MediaCodecVideoRenderer.java:1059)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.video.MediaCodecVideoRenderer.processOutputBuffer(MediaCodecVideoRenderer.java:891)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.mediacodec.MediaCodecRenderer.drainOutputBuffer(MediaCodecRenderer.java:1854)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.mediacodec.MediaCodecRenderer.render(MediaCodecRenderer.java:824)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal.doSomeWork(ExoPlayerImplInternal.java:947)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal.handleMessage(ExoPlayerImplInternal.java:477)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:65)
2021-04-29 15:23:52.016 27749-27749/com.google.ads.interactivemedia.v3.samples.videoplayerapp E/ConstraintLayout: layout_constraintHeight_default="wrap" is deprecated.
    Use layout_height="WRAP_CONTENT" and layout_constrainedHeight="true" instead

Regards,
Gourav

IMA SDK

May 12, 2021, 8:48:06 AM5/12/21

The error that you are bringing up is from this thread  and the bug was filed - https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer/issues/8890. I am asking if the issue that started this thread - midroll frame is stuck when seeking to halfway through VOD Tears of Steel and then seeking a quarter of the way back, this behavior occurs on 'com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer:2.13.2', but it is fixed in 'com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer:2.13.3'. Please get back to us if this is still an issue for you on the newer version of Exoplayer.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ems9N:ref

gourav...@gmail.com

May 24, 2021, 7:38:20 AM5/24/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Aryeh,

Sorry for the very delayed response.

The video which i shared here. This video was on ExoPlayer v2.13.3 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X-FF8Gg4-MM5bt50qQDzKonp77NsyhUX/view

IMA SDK

May 24, 2021, 9:09:09 AM5/24/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

There is confusion about which issue is under discussion. Unfortunately, the link you supplied presently doesn't work. The Exoplayer version 2.13.3 was released on April 14 and Sherwin reproduced it on March 25 . Your original video posted in this link is even older, and we haven't been able to reproduce this issue shown in Sherwin's video on version 2.13.3.

I just now checked on our latest Advanced Example and I couldn't reproduce the issue shown in the video Sherwin created. When I tried version 2.13.2 I was able to reproduce the behavior and no error showed in the logcat. It appears that there may have been that error shown in the logcat in your unreachable video and you were talking about a different issue. Could you supply us with the steps to reproduce what you saw in version 2.13.3?

Gourav Saxena

May 24, 2021, 9:11:32 AM5/24/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aryeh,

Thanks for the details. I will definitely check it and will get back to you.

Regards,
Gourav

gourav...@gmail.com

May 25, 2021, 3:45:19 AM5/25/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Aryeh,

Thanks for the confirmation. I have tried on 2.14.0 and 2.13.3. It works fine. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
You may close this thread.

gourav...@gmail.com

May 25, 2021, 3:46:40 AM5/25/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
But if possible, may i know that this issue was fixed on ExoPlayer level then what was the root cause of it ?

IMA SDK

May 25, 2021, 5:46:01 AM5/25/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. You may want to raise out your question to their support team if you want to know the root cause of it as we don't have a full visibility on their fixes. You may also refer to their release notes for additional information.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ems9N:ref

gourav...@gmail.com

May 26, 2021, 1:30:43 AM5/26/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Michael,

I raised a question to ExoPlayer and got the response that the other ticket (Which has issue on exoplayer and Aryeh has already raised a ticket to exo team) is related to this issue.

IMA SDK

May 26, 2021, 5:22:10 AM5/26/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

I see that this problem was caused by the HLS implementation of exoplayer and I am glad that it is now fix in their latest updates.

Feel free to get back to us if you have any other concerns related to IMA SDK.

Regards,