RE: [ima-sdk] Insecure mode not working with Latest release of google chrome (Version 91.0.4472.101)

Message has been deleted

IMA SDK

Jun 15, 2021, 5:04:18 AM6/15/21
to vbp...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Upon testing on our VSI, setting the advance control of VPAID mode to insecure, seems like everything is working fine on our end using the VPAID sample tag for linear ad. Could you please send us a screen behavior of what you are reporting to us?

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ivkna:ref

Firoz Faiz

Jun 15, 2021, 7:54:22 AM6/15/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Thanks for your swift response.

Please refer to this Recording

I have used the same tag shared by you and its not working when we switch to Insecure mode, with my chrome version.

Please note that its working with older version < (Version 91.0.4472.101)

IMA SDK

Jun 15, 2021, 10:39:09 AM6/15/21
to firozf...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Firoz,

I work with Michael and will assist you. Thank you for reporting this, I reproduced this behavior in Chrome .101 and .106 and brought this to my team. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ivkna:ref

Thomas D

Jun 15, 2021, 2:55:38 PM6/15/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

We are facing the same issue using IMA SDK on a large scale ... (million uses per day)
This is a major problem for us, have you made any progress on this problem ?

Regards,

IMA SDK

Jun 15, 2021, 3:55:47 PM6/15/21
to thomas.d...@aina.fr, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

My team is working on this right now and we will get back to you on this thread as soon as possible.

Thomas D

Jun 16, 2021, 12:19:29 PM6/16/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

We found the problem on chrome reporting bug.
You have just to change the src of iframe from "about:self" to "about:blank".

Balbina Santana

Jun 16, 2021, 2:34:15 PM6/16/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hey y'all,

we ran into this same issue last week, we changed our IMA tag from "INSECURE" to "ENABLED" and go our traffic back in order, but this is def an issue with the new version of Chrome released.
Hope this helps some of you for now!

IMA SDK

Jun 17, 2021, 12:01:26 AM6/17/21
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

This issue has an ongoing investigation already within our team. We will get back to you the soonest we have our resolution for this.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Ivkna:ref

cam...@watchingthat.com

Jun 17, 2021, 4:57:17 AM6/17/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello Michael

If it helps the details we're seeing are the Ad Objects from the SDK are returning nulls for the MediaURLs and Ad Metadata (CreativeID, AdID etc) - this is after the programmatic chain is complete (i.e we see the wrapper paths up to the final Ad System).

We can supply debug logs for production sessions around US publishers (web) if that would be of use.

CC

IMA SDK

Jun 17, 2021, 1:57:11 PM6/17/21
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I have good news, my team pushed out a fix. Please get back to us if you are still experiencing this issue. I had to delete sensitive information in this thread, the rest of this message is a reposting of the cleansed messages:

Guys we also observed same that ima is not working in VPAID mode insecure in any vast/vpaid testing tool like
1. https://developer-tools.jwplayer.com/ad-tester ;
 2. https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/vastinspector.

we don't know how much inventory in production using google ima in insecure mode... would you please look into the issue and let us know it has been blocked intentionally or bug which require fix.

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 3:22:00 PM UTC+5:30 Firoz wrote:

Hello All

With the latest google chrome version(91.0.4472.101), it seems like the insecure mode for google IMA is broken. We have tested with google video suite inspector as well as our implementation, and we cannot get the ad to work

Here is the VAST tag

We are trying this with INSECURE mode, here https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/vastinspector

In the advanced controls, you can set the VPAID mode to insecure.

Thanks,

Firoz