Wrong AD counter in CS locale

Pavol Čižmárik

Sep 14, 2020, 8:07:56 AM9/14/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

We encounter bad counting during ad. It's easy to simulate, even on IMA SDK example.
Try using these steps:

2.) set locale to "cs"
3.) make sure there is only one ad in ad break

Strange, that other languages such as PL, EN, or SK didn't break the counter. Is this known issue? Will it be fixed anytime soon?

Thanks

Attached screenshot from mobile device

ad_count.jpg

IMA SDK

Sep 14, 2020, 3:25:51 PM9/14/20
to pavol.c...@etnetera.cz, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I was able to reproduce the behavior that you're with the ad timer not displaying correctly when locale is set to "cs" (see screenshot attached). Our team is going to review the behavior. I will get back to you with more information as soon as possible.

Regards,
Arnaud Casame
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q24b61T:ref
locale=cs.png

Pavol Čižmárik

Nov 18, 2020, 8:20:29 AM11/18/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi, any news?

Thanks

IMA SDK

Nov 18, 2020, 9:00:27 AM11/18/20
to pavol.c...@etnetera.cz, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pavol,

I work with Arnaud and will assist you. Thank you for your inquiry. I relayed your request for an update to the rest of my team. We will get back to you as soon as we have more actionable information.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q24b61T:ref

Pavol Čižmárik

Feb 5, 2021, 7:31:11 AM2/5/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,
could you send us some update with this given issue? Its causing us problems on production. Fix should not take so long, just because it is just relative "only" to CS locale.

Thanks!

IMA SDK

Feb 5, 2021, 10:13:24 AM2/5/21
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pavol,

I relayed your comments to the rest of my team. Unfortunately there is no update yet but we will get back to you as soon as possible.

IMA SDK

Aug 23, 2021, 2:57:09 PM8/23/21
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm moving through stale cases checking to see if the issues can still be reproduced. I am no longer seeing the reported UI issue with the CS locale. It appears to have been resolved.

Thanks,

Greg Schoppe
Message has been deleted

IMA SDK

Sep 9, 2021, 5:13:34 PM9/9/21
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for verifying that this problem still exists in the HTML5 player. I've sent your screenshot back to our Eng team, and will let you know as soon as they've had a chance to review.

Thanks

IMA SDK

Jul 18, 2022, 12:37:08 PM7/18/22
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pavol,

I am from the IMA SDK engineer team and looking into this issue. Thanks for sending us the screenshot.
Do you still have the VAST tag that causes this bug? Or do you know what the text was supposed to be for the countdown timer when the bug exposes? I need either of the information to reproduce this bug.

Thanks,
Thang

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q24b61T:ref

Tomas Bucher

Oct 31, 2022, 11:22:29 AM10/31/22
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
This VMAP  https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/ads?sz=640x480&iu=/124319096/external/ad_rule_samples&ciu_szs=300x250&ad_rule=1&impl=s&gdfp_req=1&env=vp&output=vmap&unviewed_position_start=1&cust_params=deployment%3Ddevsite%26sample_ar%3Dpremidpostlongpod&cmsid=496&vid=short_tencue&correlator=  can be used to reproduce the behavior, it has just one ad in its preroll position which causes the issue to manifest.

The displayed text should show in Czech simply "Reklama: 0:10" as it does on desktop instead of currently displayed "Reklama (: (0:10)) as can be seen in the previously attached screenshot from a mobile browser.

IMA SDK

Nov 16, 2022, 7:33:11 PM11/16/22
to collapsin...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomas,

Thanks for providing the link and helping us front-burner this issue. I've verified that the translation problem is still occurring. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be as simple as a typo on the part of our translation team, as the settings to localize that string to Czech appear correct in our system. I have notified our localization team, and they are currently investigating the issue. This may take a little longer to resolve, but we are working on it.

Thanks,

Devel Nova

Oct 31, 2023, 11:23:43 AM10/31/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
HI, we are TV NOVA (CZ) and we have the same issue in our tn.cz player(THEO) with Google IMA on mobile browser . Any update with bugfix of this issue as mantioned above ? Thank you.

IMA SDK

Nov 1, 2023, 2:59:21 PM11/1/23
to devel...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Devel Nova,

To make sure that you're reporting the same issue here. Could you please provide a screenshot and the VAST tag that you use?

Thanks,
Thang

ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q024b61T:ref