FW: Quantitative Investing Panel at HBS Friday

1 view

Adina Taylor

May 1, 2013, 8:09:58 PM5/1/13
to im-club-g...@googlegroups.com, im-club-...@googlegroups.com, Silas Daniel Brown

From: im-club-...@googlegroups.com [mailto:im-club-...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Silas Brown
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 7:48 PM
To: im-club-...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Quantitative Investing Panel at HBS Friday

Hi,

The Business Analytics & (big) Data Club at Harvard Business School is hosting a panel this Friday, May 3rd at 3:30pm on the data-driven future of finance, retail, and strategy and we’d like to invite members of your club to join us. The panel will feature executives from Coach, Prudential, and McKinsey. One of our panelists, Dr. Margaret Stumpp, is a leader in the field of quantitative investing and may be of special interest to your members. Please see the message below for more details.

Sincerely,

Ana De Sousa

Co-President, Business Analytics & (big) Data Club

In 2013, we will measure the information we create and share in thousands of zettabytes.  How do you create and defend a competitive advantage out of this deluge of data?

This is a transformative era in business and the new Business Analytics & (big) Data Club wants to ensure that every MBA student has the opportunity learn key concepts and tools to excel in the digital future. This Friday we will launch that effort with a Power Panel of industry thought-leaders in Finance, Retail and Strategy.

Join us on Friday, May 3rd at 3:30pm at Harvard Business School, Aldrich Building, Classroom 112, for a sneak preview of the future of business.

To receive a calendar invite to this event, please forward this email to Ana De Sousa (ades...@mba2014.hbs.edu).

Our panelists include:

Margaret Stumpp
Senior Advisor - Quantitative Management Associates
Margaret S. Stumpp, PhD, is Senior Advisor to Quantitative Management Associates (QMA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Prudential Financial. Maggie previously served as QMA’s Chief Investment Officer for over two decades.  She is extensively involved in quantitative research in asset allocation, security selection and portfolio construction. Maggie has published articles on finance and economics in numerous publications, including The Financial Analysts Journal, The Journal of Portfolio Management, The Journal of Investment Management and Award Papers in Public Utility Economics. Maggie earned a BA cum laude with distinction in Economics from Boston University and holds an AM and PhD in Economics from Brown University.

Danielle Schmelkin
Vice President, Business Intelligence – Coach

Danielle Schmelkin is Vice President – Business Intelligence at Coach, Inc.  She is responsible for all aspects of business intelligence and data management at Coach, and has architected industry-leading analytics and data management platform.  Danielle is an established thought leader in the field of Business Intelligence in the Retail & Luxury Goods space, having previously served as VP – Business Intelligence and CTO at Barnes & Noble and Director - Global Business Intelligence at the Campbell Soup Company.

Michael Chui
Principal - McKinsey & Company
Michael Chui is a Principal of the McKinsey Global Institute.  He is based in San Francisco, CA, where he directs research on the impact of information technologies, such as Big Data, social media and technologies and the Internet of Things, on business and the economy.  Michael is a frequent speaker at major global conferences and his research has been cited in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Financial Times, Fast Company, Forbes, The Economist, The Times of London, WIRED, and Les Échos.

Ana De Sousa
MBA Candidate, Class of 2014

Harvard Business School
Phone +1 201.403.1491