Debian 9 crashed can't install new applications on my machine

midhun

Oct 17, 2018, 1:34:10 AM10/17/18
to Free Software Users Group, Thiruvananthapuram
I am using debian 9.When ever i am trying to install any application debian 9 is showing error as

root@debian:/home/midhun#  apt install torbrowser-launcher -t stretch is showing error as E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

http://paste.debian.net/1047681/

so tried apt --fix-broken install

http://paste.debian.net/1047682/

which is giving me errors such as dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/perl-base_5.24.1-3+deb9u4_i386.deb (--unpack):

Dhananjay Balan

Oct 23, 2018, 4:01:18 PM10/23/18
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
From the log:

58: cannot copy extracted data for
'./usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base/lib.pm' to
'/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/perl-base/lib.pm.dpkg-new': failed to write
(No space left on device)

Usually happens when you don't have enough space left on the disk, try executing

df

and check for the space usage.

Cheers,
Dhananjay

> --
> --
> "Freedom is the only law".
> "Freedom Unplugged"
> http://www.ilug-tvm.org

> ilug-tvm-u...@googlegroups.com
>

> For details visit the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free Software Users Group, Thiruvananthapuram" group.

Regards,
Dhananjay M Balan

midhun

Oct 25, 2018, 12:20:15 PM10/25/18
to Free Software Users Group, Thiruvananthapuram
thanks danjay for answering my question.That issue was solved.but the main problem with my debian is it is generating logs of huge volume and i am running out of space often as allocated space for /var/logs become 100%. So every time i have to manually delete the /var/logs to make my system function normally.Any suggestion to fix this issue.

Roopesh Sivam

Oct 25, 2018, 3:10:59 PM10/25/18
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Please post the output of [ sudo du -d 1 -h /var/log ]

midhun raj

Oct 25, 2018, 10:36:30 PM10/25/18
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
root@debian:/home/midhun# du -d 1 -h /var/log
44K    /var/log/cups
220K    /var/log/apt
64K    /var/log/apache2
24K    /var/log/unattended-upgrades
4.0K    /var/log/gdm3
40K    /var/log/redis
4.0K    /var/log/tor
16K    /var/log/libvirt
7.0M    /var/log
root@debian:/home/midhun#

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Free Software Users Group, Thiruvananthapuram" group.