[GNU/Linux-discussion] Workshop Update

A. Mani

Feb 29, 2012, 7:19:11 PM2/29/12
to linux-di...@ilug-cal.info
As mentioned before, we are organizing a joint 'Document Freedom
Workshop' on 28th and 29th March'2012 at ISI Kolkata.
Main sponsor is ISI and it is also a Fedora event.

Despite the busy state of GLUG members, we have almost managed to find
speakers for all of the proposed technical topics (~66.6% of the
speakers and 6/6 of the organizers are from our GLUG, 33.3% of
speakers are Fedora Contributors) .
I will put in the final details later.

Tentative Topics:
1. GNU/Linux Basics,
2. LaTeX , Advanced LaTeX
3. CMS and Moodle
4. Publican (+Docbook)
5. Emacs + Org Mode + Mind Maps (or SWI)
6. ...

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani
CU, ASL, CLC,  AMS, CMS

Kaustav Das Modak

Mar 1, 2012, 11:41:44 AM3/1/12
to linux-di...@ilug-cal.info
Thanks. I'd like to attend the workshop. Will there be any topic on
LibreOffice as well? Also, will there be any fee for attending the workshop?

--
Kaustav Das Modak
Partner,

A. Mani

Mar 3, 2012, 12:33:09 PM3/3/12
to linux-di...@ilug-cal.info
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Kaustav Das Modak
<kaustav....@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Thanks. I'd like to attend the workshop. Will there be any topic on
> LibreOffice as well? Also, will there be any fee for attending the workshop?

Libre office related topic ... it depends.

A nominal fee is on the cards to ensure that only serious participants
take part. Participants will also be given certificates.

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani
CU, ASL, CLC,  AMS, CMS

A. Mani

Mar 3, 2012, 2:07:53 PM3/3/12
to linux-di...@ilug-cal.info
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 11:03 PM, A. Mani <a.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Kaustav Das Modak
> <kaustav....@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>> Thanks. I'd like to attend the workshop. Will there be any topic on
>> LibreOffice as well? Also, will there be any fee for attending the workshop?
>>

> Libre office related topic ... it depends.

Update: slightly advanced parts of Libre Office will be covered.