[GNU/Linux-discussion] Reg: FREE SOFTWARE DEMOS AT CARTE BLANCHE'12, MIT, ANNA UNIVERSITY

Carte Blanche

Mar 10, 2012, 5:16:54 PM3/10/12
to lug-b...@googlegroups.com, cof...@gmail.com, mai...@lists.sarovar.org, ro...@suratlug.org, bi...@suratlug.org, as...@suratlug.org, kus...@fedoraproject.org, linux-di...@ilug-cal.info, nitd...@googlegroups.com, tamat...@gmail.com, nixa...@yahoo.com

Hi,

      Computer Society is a student association of the Madras Institute of Technology which was established in the year 1983. Initially it was set up to promote computer knowledge among students from various branches of engineering but it later became an active participant in the FOSS movement.

      Carte Blanche is one such annual fest conducted in our college in celebration of Free and Open Source Software. Its one of the biggest Free software Fest. It aims at creating awareness among young minds about the power of FOSS and also is a platform for FOSS enthusiasts to share, discuss and discover new horizons. We are palnning to host it on 24th and 25th of March 2012.

      Each year, FOSS demo stalls are set up enthusiastically by students and FOSS advocators alike. These demonstrations on the features of free software have been an effective way of bringing about the much needed recognition and appreciation for the FOSS community.

      Apart from these demos we also organize special events such as lectures from experts, GNU/Linux quizzes, and other competitions on Web designing, hacking, networking etc. In the prvious years we had audio conference with Richard Stallman, Father of Free Software.

     This year too, the Carte Blanche’12 is being organized with the undaunted spirit and enthusiasm. We hope to further our reach and help spread the wisdom of Free and Open Source Software. In this respect, we would be deeply gratified if your renowned organization could be a part of our endeavor. We have15+ events in this time and have already confirmed workshops on "Add on Development" by Mozilla, "Exploring Wikipedia" by Wikipedia and "Open Hardware - Arduino".

     We would like to have some Free Software Demos by your lug in our FOSS Fest. So far many lugs and FOSS organisations have planned to take part in our fest.So it would be nice if we have your Demos in our FOSS Fest.

      You can check out our Fest Website for further details: www.cb.csmit.org

--
Regards,
Carte Blanche Team,