Presentation about AWS OpsWorks

evg...@devops.co.il

Feb 21, 2013, 5:51:25 AM2/21/13
to iltec...@googlegroups.com
Hi ILTechTalks members,

I am planning on creating a presentation about the new AWS OpsWorks service (and a bit about Chef) in the second half of March 2013.
For now it looks like several places are willing to host this, but I have no idea how big the demand for such a presentation is.

Let me know if it is something you would like to hear about, and anything else relevant you may want to tell me.

Thanks!

Regards,
Evgeny

Shimi Kiviti

Feb 21, 2013, 6:47:38 AM2/21/13
to iltec...@googlegroups.com
I think the best thing is to setup a meetup with "location: TBD", let people signup for it and only later setup the location.

Daniel Granatshtain

Feb 21, 2013, 7:50:47 AM2/21/13
to iltec...@googlegroups.com
Evgeny, as i understand there are already companies that are interested in this talk for their team, so it doesn't sound like location is the problem.
I am sure there is a demand (i can think of a few companies myself) and there will be in the future for this talk, so lets just schedule in a company you know are interested or an alternative is to just schedule a meetup @Google Campus.

I'm happy to help set it up.

Evgeny Zislis

Feb 21, 2013, 7:57:34 AM2/21/13
to iltec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Daniel,

I don't know the people behind @GoogleCampus if you can help me reach them and set a date it would be excellent!

Daniel Granatshtain

Feb 21, 2013, 10:16:45 AM2/21/13
to iltec...@googlegroups.com
Every member of Google campus  (which you obviously are after being @reversim) can request to hold an event.
We have already talked to Eyal from Google, and they already gave us their blessing to use the facility, so you can just log in and based on the campus and your availability, schedule the meetup.

You should go to events, and look for Request to hold an event on the right. Please state that it's ILTechTalk related to it's easier to understand on the campus event calendar.
You should get a response within a few days, but LMK if you don't and will be able to help.

Once the date & time is set  we can announce it on Meetup (and put the link on the campus calendar)

Daniel

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Evgeny Zislis <evg...@devops.co.il> wrote:
Thanks Daniel,

I don't know the people behind @GoogleCampus if you can help me reach them and set a date it would be excellent!

Daniel Granatshtein
Mobile: +972-52-8200493
Skype: daniel.granatshtein
Twitter: @danielgranat

ripper234

Feb 22, 2013, 4:26:17 AM2/22/13
to iltec...@googlegroups.com
This sounds interesting, I haven't heard about it and would be interested to hear more.
Here is an announcement about it on TechCrunch from a few days ago.

Google TLV sounds like a great place to host these kinds of talks, you can just start an even on eventbrite and let people register ... set up date & time later.