Time for the June Environmental Ministry Meeting and request for agenda items

1 view

laurie sage

Jun 2, 2011, 7:46:16 PM6/2/11
to Environmental Ministry GOOGLE GROUP, ilm Em
Hellooooo to all Earth Lovers,
This is Laurie Sage, reminding us about the upcoming EM meeting after church on Sunday, potluck and meeting from 1:15 to 3ish.
Please send any ideas, agenda items, and other requests back to me so I can put together our schedule.
One item I want to mention here in case you can't make the meeting and want to participate:
I would love to see ILM folk at this activist event put on by Save Our Shores. I went last year, and it was very powerful! I will not be in town, or I would organize it, but perhaps someone else could organize a group effort so we could all show up en mass. It is not necessary, though, just come and participate. We will discuss it at the meeting. Plus, there are sooo many other things happening right now! Please come to the meeting and this event below if you can, and invite new folks to the meeting! Love, Laurie
Details:

When Hands Across the Sand became a worldwide event in the wake of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf last year, over 1,000 protest events took place in 43 countries, and all 50 US states. Hands Across the Sand quickly became the largest gathering of people united against offshore oil drilling in the history of the world.

This June 25th, Take Action for clean energy and healthy marine habitats by joining us at 11am on Cowell Beach for a quick beach cleanup followed by the Hands Across the Sand protest. Together, we'll send a clear message that dirty oil is not the answer - and we demand clean energy now. Speak out and help protect our marine environment by uniting with Save Our Shores, Surfrider Santa Cruz, and thousands of Hands Across the Sand participants around the world.

Choose Peace and Choose to Love
Give the Planet a Chance- Be Conscious
"O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches. No run on my bank can drain it, for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment" - Henry David Thoreau
"No one can say for certain how this change will end, but I do know that change is not something that we should fear. When young people insist that the currents of history are on the move, the burdens of the past can be washed away."-Barack Obama, 2011