News from Bridge at Ginger Creek

Karen Walker

Jul 10, 2017, 5:24:51 AM7/10/17
to illini...@googlegroups.com
BRIDGE AT GINGER CREEK CLUB CALENDAR
Ginger Creek Shops, 2901 West Springfield, Champaign IL
ONLINE RESULTS: http://calendar.kwbridge.com
CLUB HOMEPAGE: http://illinibridge.com
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/gingercreek/

Coming up:
==========
Monday, July 10 ( 6:30) -- North American Pair qualifying game
Wednesday, July 12 (12:30) -- North American Pair qualifying game
Monday, July 17 (6:30) --- 100th birthday party for Christine Carroll !

TOURNAMENTS
===========
July 14-16 Twin Cities Sectional, Community Building, Towanda IL
July 28-30 Ruby Nelson Sectional, K of C Hall, Edwardsville IL
Aug 14-20 St. Louis Regional, Renaissance Hotel
Aug 29 Illinois Senior Olympics, Erin's Pavilion, Springfield IL

* * * * * * * * * * * *

THANK YOU
=========
... to everyone who played in the Illini Regional over Memorial Day
weekend. Top point-winners from Ginger Creek were:

41.72 David Wetzel, Champaign
41.17 Hugh Williams, Carbondale
41.08 Karen Walker, Champaign
38.70 Bob Shair, Champaign
36.94 John Seng, Champaign
34.47 Milt Epstein, Urbana
32.85 Mike Halvorsen, Champaign
32.06 Michelle Wetzel, Champaign
29.19 Peter Yeh, Champaign
26.04 Nate Ward, Champaign
22.52 Gary Dell, Champaign
21.57 Brian Maloney, Champaign
21.44 Thomas Shedlock, Danville
20.23 Martha Leary, Urbana
20.08 Chris Benson, Leroy
19.70 Michael Heins, Cocoa Beach FL
19.63 JoAnn Schroeder, Normal
19.28 Tony Curtis, Champaign
18.34 Margaret Hansell, Champaign
17.32 Deborah Avery, Champaign
16.15 Melissa Maloney, Champaign
15.55 Daniel Bunde, Urbana
14.17 Carl Brueckner, Champaign
14.04 Eunice Patton, Bloomington
13.50 Wes Seitz, Champaign
13.50 Bob Steigmann, Urbana
13.30 Peter Ashbrook, Champaign
13.19 Bob Sievers, Champaign
12.99 Irene Wen, Urbana
12.66 Sherry Steigmann, Urbana
12.17 Ned Horton, Champaign
12.09 John Maloney, Champaign
12.09 Alex Maloney, Champaign
12.08 Bill Thompson, Champaign

A list of all events and point winners is here:
http://web2.acbl.org/tournaments/results/2017/05/1705100.htm

* * * * * * * * * * * *

FROM THE TOURNAMENT HOSPITALITY CHAIRMEN

We want to thank the registration desk volunteers (even those who
forgot to show up!) for this year's tournament:
Margaret Hansell, Pat Carrington, Wes Seitz, Rea & Mary Jones,
Irene Wen, Martha Leary, Tina Ashworth, JoAnn Schroeder, Peter
Ashbrook, Mary Sievers, Marlys Clark, Ann Smith and Terry Goodykoontz.
We couldn't do it without you!
Next year, we would like to solicit donations for door
prizes. You can give cash, $10 gift cards to restaurants and
national chains (gas, grocery), or a tasteful gift of your choosing.
We had door prizes valued from $25 down to almost nothing this
year (and thank you to all who donated), so we'd like to even it out
to around $10. If we have 18 prizes we can give one per event. More
than that, even better. The players love the door prizes!
Thanks very much.
-- Bo & Linda Goersch

* * * * * * * * * * * *

District 8 Advocate newsletter -- http://advocate.district8acbl.com
==============================
You can view the new Solvers Forum bidding problems for August
and submit your answers here:
http://kwbridge.com/cgi-bin/D8forum.cgi?targetmonth=08&targetyear=17

* * * * * * * * * * * *

CLUB DIRECTORY http://illinibridge.com/phone.htm
==============
Please contact Karen (kwal...@comcast.net) if you have additions or
corrections.

Karen Walker

Jul 17, 2017, 3:02:50 AM7/17/17
to illini...@googlegroups.com
BRIDGE AT GINGER CREEK CLUB CALENDAR
Ginger Creek Shops, 2901 West Springfield, Champaign IL
ONLINE RESULTS: http://calendar.kwbridge.com
CLUB HOMEPAGE: http://illinibridge.com
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/gingercreek/

Coming up:
==========
Monday, July 17 (6:30) -- 100th birthday party for Christine Carroll !
Thursday, July 20 (6:30) -- North American Pair qualifying game (Flight C)

TOURNAMENTS
===========
July 28-30 Ruby Nelson Sectional, K of C Hall, Edwardsville IL
Aug 14-20 St. Louis Regional, Renaissance Hotel
Aug 29 Illinois Senior Olympics, Erin's Pavilion, Springfield IL
Sep 15-17 End o' Summer Sectional, Fondulac Park, Peoria IL

* * * * * * * * * * * *

CONGRATULATIONS
And good luck to our Ginger Creek players who will be
representing District 8 in the Grand National Team finals in Toronto:
* Championship Flight -- Nate Ward & Karen Walker (with Mark
Kessler, Colby Vernay, Will Engel & Bob Fashingbauer)
* Flight A -- Mike Halvorsen (with Richard Blumenthal, Tod Moses
& Art Seltzer)
* Flight B -- Eunice Patton, Lori Moore & Cindy Moore (with Jeff Furler)

Play begins July 19. You can check results here:
http://www.acbl.org/tournaments_page/nabcs/upcoming-nabcs/toronto-summer-nabc-2017-july-20-30/resultsdaily-bulletins/