[Illinibridge] News from Bridge at Ginger Creek

Karen Walker

Jul 6, 2020, 2:20:18 PM7/6/20
to illini...@googlegroups.com
             ♠  BRIDGE AT GINGER CREEK CLUB CALENDAR  ♠
     Ginger Creek Shops, 2901 West Springfield, Champaign IL
                    CLUB HOMEPAGE:  illinibridge.com
  RESULTS & HAND RECORDS:  calendar.kwbridge.com
         JOIN US ON FACEBOOK:   www.facebook.com/gingercreek/

TONIGHT   (6:30-8:00 pm) -- Free teaching table on Bridgebase.com, hosted by Karen Walker.
    To kibitz on Zoom (live audio and video; no BBO log in necessary):  Click here
    To join on Bridgebase as a kibitzer or player: Log in, click "Casual" and find kwalker table.

                            * * * * * * * *

Central Illinois Virtual Club -- http://illinibridge.com/virtual.htm

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has been playing in our Virtual Club games on Bridgebase.com.  About 80% of your $5 entry fee is returned to our local club to help cover expenses until we can reopen. We couldn't have made it through these past few months without you!

New this week:  Mentor/Mentee Game - Sunday, July 12 (6:50 pm)

This game will be held on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of every month, starting this week (July 12). It's open to pairs where an experienced player is mentoring a beginner or intermediate player.  This can be an existing partnership or a new one (we'll help you find a partner).
   To play in the Mentor/Mentee game, email Mary Stuart (m-st...@illinois.edu) and she'll send you more information. If you don't have a partner, let her know you're available and she'll help you find a good match. If you're signing up with a current partner, please provide that person's name & BBO login.

  Note that the regular Sunday Open Pairs will still be held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays of every month.

Here's our Virtual Club weekly schedule:
  ♣  Sunday --  6:50 pm  (Open Pairs - 1st, 3rd & 5th Sundays; Mentor/Mentee game - 2nd & 4th Sundays)
  ♣  Monday -- 11:50 am  ( 99er)
  ♣  Monday -- 12:10 pm  (Open)
  ♣  Monday -- 6:30 pm (Free teaching table on BBO)
  ♣  Tuesday--  6:50 pm  (499er)
  ♣  Wednesday -- 6:50 pm    (Open)
  ♣  Thursday -- 12:10 pm  (299er)
  ♣  Thursday --  6:50 pm   (Open)
  ♣  Saturday -- 12:10 pm    (Open)

We've had a great turnout from Ginger Creek players for these games. If you'd like to join us, click the Virtual Clubs link above for information and links that will help you learn more about online play.  Email Karen (kwal...@comcast.net) for more assistance.