Join us at the Illini Regional, May 22-28

Karen Walker

May 9, 2018, 2:34:33 AM5/9/18
to illini...@googlegroups.com

   ***** ILLINI REGIONAL -- May 22-28 at Hawthorn Suites *****
           Full schedule:  http://regional.kwbridge.com

The major bridge event of the year is coming up in less than two weeks.  We need the support of our local players, so we hope ALL of you can come for at least one session (or all 18!).

Check your March emails for a message from ACBL with a coupon for $3 off your Monday Swiss Team entry.

NEED A PARTNER?
===============

Our partnership chairman has several people who are looking for partners and team-mates.    Email your partner request to Hugh Williams (hrw...@gmail.com) or call 618-203-9566.

You can also find partners after the tournament starts.  Just check in at the Partnership Desk at the hotel at least 30-45 minutes before gametime.

CAN YOU SERVE AS A STANDBY?
===========================

We need players who are willing to serve as last-minute standby partners.  If you can help, please contact Karen (kwal...@comcast.net) or Hugh (hrw...@gmail.com) to let us know which sessions you're available.  Include your phone number.

There's a special need for a standby player and/or pair on Wednesday and Friday for the Swiss Team events.

If you're called, you'll play free AND earn a one-session free-play for any event later in the week.

NOVICE/INTERMEDIATE PROGRAM
============================

Three GOLD RUSH PAIRS:  Two-session gold-point events for players with 0-750 masterpoints -- Thursday, Saturday and Sunday (1:30 & 7:00).

STRATIFIED OPEN EVENTS:  All other events at the tournament offer stratified point awards for 0-200 and 0-500 players.

SPEAKER PROGRAM:  Come early -- at 1:00, Wednesday through Sunday -- to hear the free mini-lessons from expert speakers.  And remember that beginners are welcome to play in all of the open events.

ONE-SESSION GAMES
=================

All Stratified Pair games offer single-session entries.  When you buy your entry, just tell the directors that you want to play only one session.

One-session games are also offered in the Tuesday Charity Pairs (7:00), Morning Charity Pairs (9:30 Thursday, Saturday and Sunday) and evening team events (7:00 Thursday, Friday and Saturday).

HOSPITALITY

  * Registration gifts and section-top prizes.
  * Late-night snacks after the evening sessions.
  * Hotel hospitality suite after the evening sessions.
  * Free continental breakfast on Monday, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m.
    A cash snack bar will be open during the afternoon.

CLUB SCHEDULE

There WILL be regular club games on Monday, May 21 (6:30) and Tuesday, May 22 (12:30).
NO GAMES at the club Wednesday through Monday, May 23-28.