[Illinibridge] News from Bridge at Ginger Creek

Karen Walker

Jun 4, 2020, 3:46:43 PM6/4/20
to illini...@googlegroups.com
             ♠  BRIDGE AT GINGER CREEK CLUB CALENDAR  ♠
     Ginger Creek Shops, 2901 West Springfield, Champaign IL
                    CLUB HOMEPAGE:  illinibridge.com
         JOIN US ON FACEBOOK:   www.facebook.com/gingercreek/

Central Illinois Virtual Club
-- http://illinibridge.com/virtual.htm

Your online club is still growing. We've added a 7th weekly session -- Wednesdays at 6:50 pm.

In response to your requests, we've changed the masterpoint maximums in the Limited Pair games. The Tuesday-night game is now for 0-500 players and the Thursday-afternoon game is for 0-300 players. These changes increase the masterpoint ratings and, by making the games available to more players, the number of tables.

Here's our Virtual Club weekly schedule:
  ♣  Monday -- 12:10 pm (Open)
  ♣  Tuesday --  6:50 pm  (499er)
  ♣  Wednesday --  6:50 pm  (Open)
  ♣  Thursday -- 12:10 pm  ( 299er)
  ♣  Thursday --  6:50 pm   (Open)
  ♣  Saturday --  12:10 pm  (Open)
  ♣  Sunday --  6:50 pm  (Open)

We're now using hands from the Common Game, which merges results from clubs around the country. You'll get an email from the Common Game every time you play.
Follow the links and you'll find LOTS of details about what you and other pairs did on each hand.

Congratulations!  Ginger Creek players have been very successful in our virtual club games. A few examples:

Donna Giertz and Vern Knapp had a 71.61% game in the new Wednesday-night Open Pairs. In the Common Game comparisons, their score matchpointed to 68.71%, which was #1 of all East-West pairs (201 pairs at 31 clubs).

Lisa Bievenue and Georgia Heth won 8.10 silver points for their 77% score in the Thursday-night game during Silver Point Week.
Runners-up in that big game (27 tables) were John Seng and Kevin Stewart, who had a 66.84% score and won 6.09 silver points.

Aaron O'Banion and Kyle Blocher scored a big 72.84% to win the Friday-afternoon 299er game during Silver Point Week. They won 2.40 silver points.

Free lessons & workshops

Teaching table:  Every Monday, 6:30-8:00 pm on Bridgebase.com. Hosted by Karen Walker
To join, log in and click "Casual" on the BBO home page. Search for kwalker table and join as a kibitzer.

BBO Training:  These free workshops, presented by Ann Caparros of Springfield, will give you a demo of Bridgebase features and show you how to enter our games. Upcoming dates are:
  ♣ Friday, June 5, 10:00 am ------- BBO training.   Join workshop
  ♣ Monday, June 8, 10:00 am ---- BBO training.   Join workshop

These are meetings on Zoom where you'll hear Ann's tips, see her computer screen and have the opportunity to ask questions.
To join, just click the link at the meeting start time and follow the screen prompts.

Coming up:  Look for details on a special Pro-Am Pairs event and free lessons for 99ers.