Anyone using Java 8 in prod?

Michael Neale

May 5, 2014, 7:53:35 AM5/5/14
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
Curious how its uptake is going.

Mark Derricutt

May 5, 2014, 8:02:26 AM5/5/14
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
On 5 May 2014, at 23:53, Michael Neale wrote:

> Curious how its uptake is going.

Not yet - mostly because we're requiring some upstream projects to
update themselves to ASM 5.x so as to work with the JDK8 byte code.

Thats at least for targeting 1.8 (bring on the lambdas!) - some of our
modules won't even compile under JDK8 currently ( older versions of
Antlr etc. ) which need to be sorted out first.

I am running it locally for our app, and also running IntelliJ under it
without issue....

Michael Neale

May 6, 2014, 3:17:49 AM5/6/14
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
I ran intelliJ on 7 for a while - it was rubbish on the mac.

Someone said "just use what they ship with" so I did.