Git/Hg Server

Justin Ryan

May 21, 2013, 11:11:26 PM5/21/13
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
I thought I remember hearing in Unsupported Operation 82 about a scm server that hosts repos and supports Git and Mercurial for accessing them. Does anyone recall what it was called? I don't see it in the show notes. Any I just making this up?

Mark Derricutt

May 22, 2013, 12:04:12 AM5/22/13
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
Hey there...

You may be thinking of Gitblit that we've mentioned a few times:

http://gitblit.com/

Tho I don't believe it supports Hg, only git.

Mark

Justin Ryan wrote:
--

---

Richard Vowles

May 22, 2013, 4:12:23 AM5/22/13
to illegalargument

bitbucket

On May 22, 2013 4:02 PM, "Justin Ryan" <quid...@gmail.com> wrote:
I thought I remember hearing in Unsupported Operation 82 about a scm server that hosts repos and supports Git and Mercurial for accessing them. Does anyone recall what it was called? I don't see it in the show notes. Any I just making this up?

Justin Ryan

May 24, 2013, 1:34:16 AM5/24/13
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the links. I was looking for something that would allow developers to use either hg or git locally against the same repo. I looked around some more and the answer seems to be the Hg-Git mercurial plugin (http://hg-git.github.io/). It will translate hg pushes on the fly to a git repo.