meanwhile, a little child waits

Pete F

Apr 3, 2013, 3:10:26 AM4/3/13
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
So umm,is that it for UnsupportedOperation then?

I know, it takes a while to make these thngs  -but in 9 months you can make a baby (well no one on this list can  -but actual girls might)

Last episode seems to have been last July. I drop by occasionally just in case, but no joy. Even in Java land, something *must* have happened in 9 months.

*Perhaps* I need to be listening to IllegalArgument, but the thing is; there is waay too much half-informed idle banter about programming around here without my going looking for more on the net. Yes, yes  -I work alone, but still..

So is that it, or do I just need to adjust my set?

Moandji Ezana

Apr 3, 2013, 6:44:55 AM4/3/13
to illegalargument
+1 to the resurrection of UO. I love the quick-fire format.

--

---

Mark Derricutt

Apr 3, 2013, 7:36:35 AM4/3/13
to illegal...@googlegroups.com

Ironically I was thinking the other day I should resuscitate UO from its dormancy, I'm not sure if its RSS feed still works tho, wasn't feedburner one of those services on the chopping block.

When we left off there wasn't much happening but that seems to picked up again in recent months so maybe it's time to wake up.

Not sure if Richards still keen or not, but I'm willing to try a solo show but that would sadly be without witty banter..

Sent from an Android...

Richard Vowles

Apr 3, 2013, 1:11:49 PM4/3/13
to illegalargument

im happy to start it again :-)

Mark Derricutt

Apr 3, 2013, 7:08:47 PM4/3/13
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
Well then - let the bantering rebegin ;-)

--
"Great artists are extremely selfish and arrogant things" — Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree

Mark Derricutt

Apr 8, 2013, 6:54:13 AM4/8/13
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pete,

A little child no longer has to wait: http://unsupportedoperation.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/episode-78.html :-)

Gives thanks when the donation collector knocks.

--
"Great artists are extremely selfish and arrogant things" — Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree

Kerry Sainsbury

Apr 8, 2013, 1:08:48 PM4/8/13
to illegal...@googlegroups.com

Is it morally OK to donate to an Unsupported Operation? Wouldn't that cause some kind of logic failure, and cause Mark to explode?

Richard Vowles

Apr 8, 2013, 2:33:18 PM4/8/13
to illegalargument

what is this morally word of which you speak?

Mark Derricutt

Apr 8, 2013, 4:11:31 PM4/8/13
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
Well that'd be one way to lose some weight - sure it might be fatal, but
for that brief moment of remaining existence.... er - I think I'll pass.

Kerry Sainsbury

Apr 8, 2013, 4:18:30 PM4/8/13
to illegal...@googlegroups.com

I'm not entirely sure, which is why I asked.