Are you ok?

Kerry Sainsbury

Nov 5, 2012, 1:40:29 PM11/5/12
to illegal...@googlegroups.com

Just listened to episode 90. Sounds like maybe Mummy and Daddy don't love each other any more. :-(

Consider counseling before one of you say something you can't take back.

Love,
Kerry

Mark Derricutt

Nov 5, 2012, 1:45:08 PM11/5/12
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
I hate to ask but which ones Mummy and which is Daddy? ;-)

And er - which ones our child?

Kerry Sainsbury

Nov 5, 2012, 2:32:50 PM11/5/12
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
I'm a bit worried that you need me to spell it out, but here goes:

Richard's the Daddy, because he dishes out the tough love.
Greg's the Mummy, because he's got the long girlie hair.
You're the baby, obviously, because you'd look best in nappies.

You three should pose for a photo. It''d make a great Christmas card for the fans.

John Hurst

Nov 5, 2012, 2:36:15 PM11/5/12
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
+1

I want one of those.
--
Life is interfering with my game

Moandji Ezana

Nov 5, 2012, 2:48:53 PM11/5/12
to illegalargument
On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Kerry Sainsbury <ke...@fidelma.com> wrote:
Sounds like maybe Mummy and Daddy don't love each other any more. :-(

I suspected something was wrong when Greg's avatar on the website was revoked.

Moandji

Richard Vowles

Nov 5, 2012, 3:27:20 PM11/5/12
to illegalargument
It wasn't revoked :-) It was - please put your Avatar up on Gravatar so I stop paying to serve your image :-)

What on earth did we say? I suspect it was Baby Bear's editing :-)
--
---
Richard Vowles,

Mark Derricutt

Nov 5, 2012, 3:33:15 PM11/5/12
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
There was very little editing really - apart from one spot which we drifted, then changed total tack, and I edited with some weird blippy sound effect :)

I think our hangout based recordings are often more heated/ranty than the in-person recordings as well.

mP

Nov 8, 2012, 9:07:29 PM11/8/12
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
Why dont you write a java version of Node ?

Richard Vowles

Nov 8, 2012, 9:20:42 PM11/8/12
to illegalargument
There is already one - http://vertx.io - is it better, I don't know?

And apparently at Java 0.25, they showed node running under Oracle's new js engine on the jvm.

Moandji Ezana

Nov 8, 2012, 11:25:26 PM11/8/12
to illegal...@googlegroups.com

I listened to the episode yesterday and I'm not sure what triggered this topic. Sonded like the usual banter, to me.

Moandji

mP

Nov 12, 2012, 7:07:30 PM11/12/12
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
Sorry i should have been more specific, i meant a port of Node so its strongly typed, and one can literally take node stuff add types and other noise and make it work as is in a JVM.

mP

Nov 12, 2012, 7:20:20 PM11/12/12
to illegal...@googlegroups.com
Sorry i take that back my suggestion, i should have looked a bit harder.