The Historical Photos

Ala Girl

Aug 18, 2009, 1:35:27 AM8/18/09
to Ilima Hula Studio
Aloha Lan and ALL Ilima Sweethearts,

Last time I saw your web site I didnt see photos.... but this time
I sat in AW,WOW,OH MY...THAT WAS SO LONG AGO. Then the tears and
memories and all the fun dayz. Memories of Waikiki and Sea Life Park
and Parkers House, some nights 2 shows, and other nights conventions,
not to forget traveling time to get there and doing homework in
between shows either in the car or Uncle Toni's Van,lol. Not only
that, everything back then had to be FRESH. So, picking and sewing
fresh flower leis etc...all before getting to show location(s). I
remember some nights had late show(s) and came home late and next day
was SCHOOL, or practice every saturday mornings ,lol. Thanks Lan for
ALL the WONDERFUL HISTORICAL PHOTOS.... Those were the dayz!

ps: it was nice to see Aunty Nise and My Mom in the pics =))

If I had to use 1 word: It's DEDICATION

Lani Girl Kaleiki-AhLo

Aug 24, 2009, 3:42:23 PM8/24/09
to Ilima Hula Studio
Thanks for stopping by. Yes you are correct it is DEDICATION !!!
We still wear fresh flowers *=) very thankful God has blessed us with
some nice people to pick flowers from. A lot of people dont let me
pick because of how times have gone astray. But yesterday Donna and I
went plumeria hunting in Keolu, and we met some awesome people. God
reminded me that all things are possible just let Him take care of it.
I remember 3-4 shows a night, Chuck Machado's than run on the beach
with all the drums to the Sheraton Waikiki, then off to the Hilton
Tapa Tower. Nice being young. Any suggestions for the website you have
please post, otherwise please enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will be posting more pics soon so please stop by and visit again.
Until then God bless you and your family.All my Love, Lan