`self application` in debugging

Siemen Baader

Sep 18, 2018, 6:05:51 AM9/18/18
to il...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm distracted by one behavior in Iliad that breaks the interactive development workflow: when I get into a debugger, either with a `self halt` or an unintended exception, `self application` and `self context` are undefined (return nil). I realize this is because of the way that `ILContext` is implemented, and that it is somehow torn down after the request has been handled. I can sort of work around the issue by inserting a `self application inspect` in the code, which keeps the reference available to me to code with interactively, but it would be nice if we just could code in the debugger, then resume the request processing. Is this possible?

cheers,
Siemen