Techny North, Techny Basin, Axehead Lake, Lake Opeka & Belleau Lake Friday 4-9-21

已查看 43 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Al Stokie

未读,
2021年4月9日 16:49:582021/4/9
收件人 IBET - Illinois Birders Exchanging Thoughts
Hello Bird People,

Techny North had a lot of Pectoral Sandpipers yesterday (22) & I
wanted to see what the rain had done to the mud flats so I started
there today. The mud flats are diminished but are still there.
However, the shorebird numbers were down with no Pectorals there at
all. Techny Basin proper has fairly high water with few mud flats, few
ducks & the best birds were 2 Siskins.
Here are my lists for today:

Techny North (8:10-8:50 a.m.)

Great Blue Heron (1)
Canada Goose (1)
Wood Duck (5)
Mallard (18)
Black Duck (1)
Shoveler (6)
Blue Winged Teal (12)
Green Winged Teal (2-3)
Killdeer (2)
Wilson's Snipe (1, hard to see)
Ring Billed Gull (1)
Mourning Dove (6)
Flicker (1)
Tree Swallow (10)
Robin (2)
Song Sparrow (2)
(Heard a probable Savannah Sparrow again but couldn't track it down)
Red Wings (8), Grackle (1) & Eastern Meadowlark (2)
House Finch (H-1)

Techny Basin Proper (9-10:50 a.m.)

Great Blue Heron (2)
Canada Goose (5)
Mallard (~10) & Blue Winged Teal (6-M & 1-F)
Red Tailed Hawk (1)
Killdeer (2)
Ring Billed (4) & Herring (1) Gulls
Rock Pigeon (12) & Mourning Dove (4)
Kingfisher (1 fly-by)
Downy Woodpecker (H-1)
Flicker (2)
Crow (4)
Tree Swallow (2)
Robins (16) & Starlings (3)
Cardinal (H-3)
Song Sparrow (8)
Red Wings (10), Grackles (3) & Cowbirds (2)
House Finch (4) & Goldfinches (6)
PINE SISKIN (2, still at the feeders)
House Sparrow (4)

Later I made stops at Axehead Lake, Lake Opeka & Belleau Lake but the
only highlights were
a COMMON LOON at Axehead Lake & a female RUDDY DUCK at Opeka.

Bird-Of-The-Day will go to the remaining Siskins at Techny Basin & Runners-Up
to the Snipe at Techny North & the Common Loon at Axehead.

Al Stokie
Local in Cook County today

Jeff Bilsky

未读,
2021年4月9日 19:38:552021/4/9
收件人 Al Stokie、IBET - Illinois Birders Exchanging Thoughts
Later in the day at Techny North 9 of the pectorals returned along with a greater yellowlegs and a solitary sandpiper. The solitary was all the way at the North end past the trees. A few barn swallows were first of season for me. Also a field sparrow, a very crisp Savannah sparrow....and copulating kestrels. Good birding.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子