The Blue Jay Way

Paul Stensvaag

Oct 11, 2021, 4:42:16 PM10/11/21
to ilb...@googlegroups.com
I've seen it before but it is always amusing to see again...The Jay alighted on the platform feeder and proceeded to gorge its gullet quite nicely with sunflowers and peanuts.  Then flew to a tree some 14 years dead now. (It was once 80 feet tall and still has the neighbors scratching their heads!)

The Jay then laid them out carefully on a medium sized branch.  Then one after another ate and no doubt enjoyed his little afternoon theft.  That was the extent of my bird watching today before the rains...enough me thinks.

Paul Stensvaag
Palatine, Cook.