Montrose All Areas Sunday 5-22-22

Al Stokie

May 22, 2022, 6:27:28 PM5/22/22
to IBET - Illinois Birders Exchanging Thoughts
Hello Bird People,

In spite of many folks looking, no one found a Connecticut Warbler
while I was there. I'll just do one list for all areas.

Canada Goose (10)
Mallard (6)
Killdeer (1)
Spotted Sandpiper (2)
Ring Billed Gull (33)
Caspian Tern (11)
Tree, Rough Winged, Bank & Barn Swallows (no counts)
Chimney Swift (6)
Ruby Throated Hummer (1)
Downy Woodpecker (1)
Eastern Pewee (2)
YELLOW BELLIED FLYCATCHER (1)
Willow Flycatcher (H-1)
Least Flycatcher (2)
Eastern Kingbird (2)
(Empi Species = 5)
Blue Jay (2)
Chickadee (4)
House Wren (2)
Veery (2)
Gray Cheeked Thrush (1)
Swainson's Thrush (2)
WOOD THRUSH (1)
Robin (~20)
Gray Catbird (2)
Starling (4)
Tennessee Warbler (2)
Yellow Warbler (4)
Chestnut Sided Warbler (2)
Magnolia Warbler (2)
Blackburnian Warbler (1-F)
Black & White (2)
Redstart (~30) (They were everywhere!)
Ovenbird (1)
Common Yellowthroat (12, most were females)
Wilson's Warbler (2)
Canada Warbler (3)
Cardinal (4)
Lincoln's Sparrow (2)
Red Wings, Grackles & Cowbirds (no counts)
Baltimore Oriole (4)
Goldfinch (2)
House Sparrow (4)

If I did that right I had 47 species for the day at Montrose & 3 more
roadside birds including one flying Black Crowned Night Heron for a
total of 50 for the day.

Bird-Of-The-Day will be the Wood Thrush & Runners-Up to the Canada
Warblers & the fly-by
Night Heron.

License Plate Of The Day to one from North Dakota.

Al Stokie
In Chicago today