West Branch & Mallard Lake Forest Preserves Friday 12-3-21

Al Stokie

Dec 3, 2021, 4:33:07 PM12/3/21
to IBET - Illinois Birders Exchanging Thoughts
Hello Bird People,

Did one of my infrequent birding trips with former neighbor Danny
Hecklinger & we picked the 2 above mentioned preserves as they are
close to Danny's residence. Not many birds at either place but here
are my bird lists.

West Branch Forest Preserve (8:30-9 a.m.)

Lots of Geese but few ducks as duck numbers remain small.

P.B. Grebe (1)
Canada Goose (~145)
Cackling Goose (1 or maybe 2)
Mallard (3)
Ring Necked Duck (2-PR)
Pigeon (12-roadsides)
Mourning Dove (2)
Chickadee (1, at a feeder)
House Sparrow (2, also at the feeder)

Mallard Lake Forest Preserve (9:15-11:15 a.m.)

Mallard (2)
Bufflehead (1-PR)
Red Tailed Hawk (1)
Ring Billed Gull (6)
Mourning Dove (1 fly-by)
Red Bellied Woodpecker (2)
Downy Woodpecker (1)
Crow (2)
Chickadee (2)
Y.R. MYRTLE WARBLER (1)
Tree Sparrow (14-16)
Junco (4)
Goldfinch (2)

Not much today but Bird-Of-The-Day will be the Myrtle Warbler &
Runner-Up to the Cackling Goose.

Al Stokie
In DuPage County today