Smith's Longspurs - Leland - DeKalb County

Karen Lund

Apr 9, 2021, 3:20:05 PM4/9/21
to IL BIRDS
For those of you who don't use Facebook, I saw 12 Smith's longspurs on Sanderson Road east of Burma Road in Leland today.  There may be more than 12. They were very active and flying around, never landing for very long. There are also western meadowlarks and a vesper sparrow.This area is west of highway 23 and just north of the DeKalb/LaSalle County line.

Karen Lund
Genoa,. DeKalb County

keefe...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2021, 8:34:26 PM4/9/21
to IBET - Illinois Birders Exchanging Thoughts
Karen

Which Facebook group did you mean? I looked in Illinois Birding and Rare and didn’t see anything. Am I missing a good group?

Thanks for posting.

Keith Bowers
Chicago

Keefeeb

Apr 9, 2021, 9:06:57 PM4/9/21
to IBET - Illinois Birders Exchanging Thoughts
Thanks Karen. I didn’t see that post until I searched on your name. I guess it’s how Facebook prioritizes what people see.

Keith

On Apr 9, 2021, at 7:34 PM, keefe...@gmail.com <keefe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Karen