Lake Glenview Plus Three Small Lakes Wednesday 12-7-22

Al Stokie

Dec 7, 2022, 2:07:42 PM12/7/22
to IBET - Illinois Birders Exchanging Thoughts
Hello Bird People,

First I should report that yesterday I mentioned that Andy Sigler &
David Johnson left Gillson Park & made the long trip to Emiquon to
look for the Kittiwake seen earlier in the day. I could not go with as
I had a 2 p.m. dentist appointment. And I paid the price as Andy &
David did see the adult Kittiwake while all I got to see was the
dentist. I have no further knowledge of where they saw the Kittiwake.

Lake Glenview (8-10 a.m.)

Great Blue Heron (1)
Canada Goose (249)
Mallard (72)
Bufflehead (1-M & 1-F)
Goldeneye (1-F)
Hooded Merganser (1-PR)
Red Breasted Merganser (45-50)
Coot (1)
Ring Billed Gull (24)
Herring Gull (6)
Mourning Dove (1)
Blue Jay (2)
Robin (2)
Starling (H-1)
Cardinal (3-M & 1-F)
Tree Sparrow (6)
WHITE CROWNED SPARROW (1-IM)
Junco (16)
House Finch (2)
Goldfinch (12)
House Sparrow (7)

Then I made quick stops at Beck Lake, Lake Opeka & Axehead Lake where
my only add on for the day was Rock Pigeon. So I had 21 species at
Lake Glenview & the Pigeons made it 22.

Not much to brag about but Bird-Of-The-Day will be the young White
Crowned Sparrow as it was the only bird seen that was not expected.
Runner-Up will be the male Hooded Merganser which if nothing else
looks nice.

Al Stokie
Local in Cook County today