White Pelicans and White-fronted Goose in NW suburban Cook County

Marc Perkowitz

Apr 6, 2021, 4:12:02 PM4/6/21
to IBET - Illinois Birders Exchanging Thoughts
I want to pass a couple interesting recent sightings.  My non-birding in-laws spotted a large group of White Pelicans near Harper College in Palatine this weekend.  They estimated over 100 of them at Peregrine Lake west of Quentin and north of Euclid.  We stopped there yesterday and saw 24 of them left.  Here's an address to use: 1015 Peregrine Dr, Palatine, IL

Today, my wife stopped briefly at Beck Lake and with the Canada Geese, she spotted a White-fronted Goose.

Good birding!

Marc Perkowitz
Arlington Heights
Cook County