Sedge Meadow, Lake County

Mark Wallner

Apr 13, 2024, 4:48:52 PMApr 13
to ilb...@googlegroups.com
At Sedge Meadow Forest Preserve this morning two Great Egrets flew into the pond.  A video of them can be seen here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8EbrHwIu9Y
A few Common Mergansers were still feeding next to the Beaver lodge, thought they would have been gone by now.  A video of the Mergansers, a couple Canada Geese and a Beaver can be seen here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjY8O-lA9f4.   A Mink has once again rented out the upper flat of the Beaver lodge which is probably why the Canada Geese are no longer nesting on it.  Videos of it can be seen here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTRwvKpfpW4,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE672D0qVBA.  A couple Field Sparrows fed along the edge of the trail by me for a good half hour or more.  A couple of Wood Ducks flew over.  On the other pond I was told the Canada Geese hatched out yesterday.  When I went to take a look they had already crossed the trail and were on the pond I was at.  A video of them can be seen here:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI6UOksY9Bs.  And to top it off, I got my first two wood ticks of the year.

Mark Wallner,  Pleasant Prairie, WI