Experiencing an IKE

1 view

Jay Collier

Nov 11, 2008, 5:19:11 PM11/11/08
to IKE Project Forum
[Posted on the IKE Project blog
<http://www.ikeproject.org/home/blog/experiencinganike>]

The Bates IT department is currently working on a software
architecture to support the kind of online ecosystem we've envisioned
here, with your help, over the past six months.

<http://www.ikeproject.org/home/discovery>
<http://www.ikeproject.org/home/discovery/current-ecosystems>
<http://bit.ly/U9o8> (be sure to click on the "Detailed requests"
tab for a real shock ;)

However, although we've inventoried a long list of desired features,
the question remained: what would such an online experience feel like?
Working with a vision and blueprint for online engagement, my group
has been developing a series of prototypes to demonstrate. We've used
WordPress, Netvibes, and Dekiwiki, and have Flickr and DabbleDB
prototypes in development.

<http://batesmedia.net/>
<http://www.jaycollier.net/presentations/online-
engagement-08.html>
<http://www.netvibes.com/explorebates>
<http://batesthisweek.net/>

This has been an interesting experiment in integrating multiple
sources and aggregation services (as opposed to a single monolithic
system). I've learned a lot about content structure and presentation —
and integration with social media — with more to come.

Please take a look and share your thoughts.

-Jay