updated build.xml

1 view

Eric Geordi

Feb 13, 2008, 5:00:24 PM2/13/08
to ijython
I updated the build.xml to reference the jar files included with
iJython and added some variables to reference pathnames.

Dan Dromereschi

Feb 14, 2008, 10:48:34 AM2/14/08
to ijytho...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

I think we should also use the build-jyplot.xml from the main GeoCraft trunk in the Bamboo build. It is used to prepare the stuff for JyPlot and also the GeoCraft commons library (referenced by JyPlot and iJython). A task to execute "compile" and "compile-commons" would be good I think.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Dromereschi

Feb 14, 2008, 11:58:06 AM2/14/08
to ijytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Another thing that I have just remembered is that iJython should compile with Java 5. That means the geocraft-commons also needs to be compiled with Java 5. Not sure how easy will be to have 2 versions of Java on the build machine.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Dromereschi

Feb 14, 2008, 12:23:53 PM2/14/08
to ijytho...@googlegroups.com
Me again :) Please ignore my previous email. We can use just Java 6 and specify the source="1.5" and target="1.5" parameters in the javac task.

Dan

Duncan Child

Feb 14, 2008, 12:24:25 PM2/14/08
to ijytho...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

This might help .......
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/javac.html#commandlineargfile

Cross-Compilation Example

Here we use javac to compile code that will run on a 1.5 VM.

% javac -target 1.5 -bootclasspath jdk1.5.0/lib/rt.jar \
-extdirs "" OldCode.java

The -target 1.5 option ensures that the generated class files will be
compatible with 1.5 VMs. By default, javac compiles for JDK 6.

The Java Platform JDK's javac would also by default compile against
its own bootstrap classes, so we need to tell javac to compile against
JDK 1.5 bootstrap classes instead. We do this with -bootclasspath and
-extdirs. Failing to do this might allow compilation against a Java
Platform API that would not be present on a 1.5 VM and would fail at
runtime.