Promoting Debian network installations

tirveni yadav

Dec 27, 2016, 3:13:39 AM12/27/16
to The Linux-Delhi mailing list, IITDLUG

Today I received a call from the windUh company. They wanted to know If I had licenses for their software being used in my company.

Off course, the enlightened person didn't bother to ask if we used any proprietary software.

I took extreme pleasure in informing the caller that we use GNU/Linux and open source software only.  And we have personally managed to do more than 10,000 custom installations of Debian(squeeze,wheezy,jessie) in last decade across few cities in India for only a handful of companies. And 5% of them were Ubuntu.

I advised the same person if wishes to get GNU/Linux installed for his company, we shall be happy to help him through Debian Network installations. They can attain a speed of 60 Debian GNU/Linux/hour installed per hour.

For the community members, who wish to do mass installation for their organizations:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Network-Install-HOWTO-8.html

--
Regards,

Tirveni Yadav
www.udyansh.org

What is this Universe ? From what it arises ? Into what does it go?
In freedom it arises, In freedom it rests and into freedom it melts away.
Upanishads.

Shakthi Kannan

Dec 27, 2016, 3:25:24 AM12/27/16
to IITDLUG, The Linux-Delhi mailing list
Hi,

--- On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 1:43 PM, tirveni yadav
<yadav....@gmail.com> wrote:
| I took extreme pleasure in informing the caller that we use GNU/Linux and
| open source software only.
\--

You can also mention that Free and Open Source Software is also
licensed, and the license allows anyone to freely distribute them.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com