Introducing cassata, a simple scheduler as a service

mustafa hussain

Jun 4, 2019, 7:03:53 AM6/4/19
Greetings everyone,

Introducing Cassata, a simple, light-weight, persistent, general purpose, multi-tenant HTTP Request Scheduler as a service. Essentially, it allows an application to schedule an HTTP request to be sent in the future to a specified URL. Cassata scheduler is based on three simple components - A Service that accepts requests from clients, A Datastore (currently MySQL) that persists these requests and a Worker process that evicts the expired events. Purpose/Example use cases: I have often felt the need to make a delayed HTTP request. For e.g. if I want to check the status of a request after 5 mins (this is akin to having a delay queue). Another use case could be to make requests on specific times like EOD, midnight or next business day for business reasons. How can you use Cassata? Cassata only requires you to have a MySQL DB and a few hosts capable of running java application. You can setup cassata simply by taking the jar file and starting at least one worker and one service instance (can be on the same host). You are now ready to schedule your requests. Further Improvements: Support for postgres, on-demand DB, ElasticSearch and containerization using docker.

I need help with integrating postgres with Cassata. If you are interested in making a contribution, please get in touch with me. I would be happy to work on this together. Please visit the github page for this project for further details:

Thanks,
Mustafa.
www.linkedin.com/in/mustafa2753