Startup Showcase

IITD Notices

Aug 12, 2014, 10:48:31 PM8/12/14
Respected Sir,

It is with great pride that we inform you that the student fraternity of the Indian
Institute of Technology, Guwahati will be organizing the sixteenth edition of its
annual techno-management festival, Techniche which is scheduled to be held
from 4th to the 7th of September, 2014.

Conceptualized with the intent of bringing out the best India has to offer,
Techniche
is dedicated to channelizing and harnessing the intellectual potential of the youth of
the country and showcasing India’s limitless potential when it comes to innovation,
ideation and imagination.

During Techniche, we have many famous personalities, Noble laureates, CEOs of
leading companies and successful industrialists who come down to Guwahati and
deliver inspirational lectures, share their experiences and interact with the students.
During the festival, we also organize a multitude of events ranging from Robotics to
Management events, Aeromodelling to Computer Coding related events, all of which
are specifically designed so as to require a participant to break the bonds of c
onventional thinking.

The 'Startup Showcase', held in collaboration with the Entrepreneurial Development
Cell (EDC) of IIT Guwahati is aimed at encouraging the entrepreneurial spirit among
the students. It is basically a platform that Techniche provides to increase the interaction
between upcoming and highly potential startups and the students.

  As a part of the showcase, you would be provided with the following benefits:
  • Unique platform to market your innovation to Venture Capitalists, media and other corporate heads. Our VC panel includes Dev Ventures, Nirvana, Seedfund and Gemini New Media Ventures.
  • One of the startups will be selected for Startup Village’s prestigious mentorship program.
  • Chance to get your startup profile featured on Yourstory.in, India’s biggest platform for entreprenuers.
  • Also get the opportunity to attend a workshop by Shikha Pandey, the Chief Business Strategist at Gemini New Media Ventures.
  • Exhibit your startup in front of the 30,000-odd floating crowd of Techniche .
  • Conduct intern talks with participants of Techniche, who include students from other IITs, IIMs and ISB.
  • Your logo, link and profile will be featured on all of Techniche’s branding material.
  • Opportunity to be showcased by all of Techniche’s online media partners.
  • Chance to interact with industry leaders and speakers of Industrial Conclave.
On behalf of the entire student fraternity of IIT Guwahati, I would like to take the opportunity
of inviting you to be a part of the event "Startup Showcase". We are certain that this
association would be beneficial to you and would surely help us in taking a huge step
towards our goal of making Techniche 2014 an unforgettable experience.

Looking forward to a positive response.

Thanking You.
Yours sincerely,

Ninad Pate