Opportunity at Avanti

Vatsal Dusad

Apr 13, 2015, 1:24:29 PM4/13/15
to iit-delhi-text...@googlegroups.com

Hello folks!

I have been working at Avanti for almost an year now and since then our organization has expanded rapidly. We have closed our Series A funding very recently and plan to expand further even faster. Hence, we are in a process of hiring extensively.

This can be an exciting opportunity for those of you who are looking to work in a fast paced start-up environment. This can also be a great opportunity for those who have a passion for teaching and education in general.

If any of you is interested, please write to me directly. PFA a write-up on Avanti and the detailed job description.

Cheers!

Vatsal

M: +91 9910 896097

--

What is Avanti

Avanti is an award-winning education company that started in 2010 with the mission of making world-class Science and Maths education available to students across india at affordable fees. Our team comes from the IITs and Harvard University and we work with some of the most renowned educators in the world to design our curriculum and teaching methods.

We've recently closed a Series A round of funding from the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation and Pearson and have been recognized by several global organizations including Ashoka, Echoing Green and Forbes 30 under 30.

Here's a few videos
What we're building
Classrooms in every district of India that provide a high-quality affordable education in Math and Science. We use a state-of-the-art technology platform and carefully crafted content (videos, tests and in-class activities).

Our current product offerings include IIT JEE coaching at 35,000 per year and Science and Math prep at 15,000 per annum. This is a billion dollar market opportunity with enormous social impact.

You should apply if...
  • You care about building a big business helping lakhs of students learn science better.
  • You like working with students in classrooms
  • You like the chaos and excitement that comes with working at startups
  • You're excited about working in smaller towns and cities across India
  • You want to rapidly take on more and more responsibility as Avanti scales across the country
What you'll be doing...
  • Running Avanti's blended-learning classroom (minute by minute lessons containing videos, activities and quizzes) - Learn More about how we run class
  • Teaching and Mentoring Students
  • Expanding the business across the region - hiring staff, training them and moving into a more managerial role rapidly
Here's a more formal JD is below
------

Associate Program Manager
Compensation: Rs. 6,00,000 per annum based on experience and fit.
Location: Bhopal

Learning Centre Management
  • Ensure consistency in quality of daily classroom sessions through supervision and ongoing training
  • Enable effective delivery of Avanti’s unique pedagogy that lays stress on peer instruction, collaborative
problem solving and customized individual self-study
  • Instill a healthy working culture where students actively collaborate with each other
  • Ensure adherence to cost budgets and achievement of revenue targets of each Learning Centre
Mentoring and Counseling
  • Conduct one-on-one mentoring meetings with the students to help them plan their studies & cope with stress
  • Build strong relationships with both the students and their families through frequent meetings
  • Recruit and train student volunteers from top engineering colleges such as the IITs and top state engineering
colleges to serve as academic mentors. Providing ongoing feedback to improve the quality of mentoring
Outreach and Business Development
  • Build strong relationships with schools, NGOs & media to strengthen Avanti’s outreach efforts in communities
  • Explore partnerships with schools to set up in-school learning centres to augment their math/science education
Requirements

Education: An undergraduate degree in science or engineering from a top college/university

Skills: Exceptional leadership and management skills. Self-driven individuals who share our passion to develop an
affordable, high-quality education model. Teaching and mentoring experience is a plus.

--
Vatsal Dusad