Here be brevets!

1 view

Sreepathi Pai

Jul 12, 2020, 11:36:53 PM7/12/20
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
Just discovered that there are brevets in the region I live [on the
banks of Lake Ontario]!

Excited to be randonneuring again. First ride, a 200K on Sep 19 [the
others are all cancelled].

--
Sreepathi Pai

Gokul D

Jul 13, 2020, 7:41:27 AM7/13/20
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
Have fun! We expect a ride report afterwards! :)

--

---

Sincerely,
Gokul

Abhijit Kshirsagar

Jul 14, 2020, 1:54:47 AM7/14/20
to IBN Group
Good that you've discovered the Rando Group.
According to a RUSA directive posted on the MN rando group (I still get their updates once in a while) no regular rides are allowed for the foreseeable future, but some permanents may be allowed.
People are self-hosting (unofficial) events on Strava - i.e. no in-person interaction at all.
Although that does take away from the brevet experience I guess it is better than not riding at all...
Take care when stopping at gas stations etc though!

Abhijit

Peter Varun D'souza

Jul 14, 2020, 2:10:42 AM7/14/20
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
+1 on the ride reports. The rest of us will live vicariously through them!

Peter Varun Dsouza

Sreepathi Pai

Jul 14, 2020, 12:38:13 PM7/14/20
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
Ride reports will be on their way!

Yes, all the other events are cancelled here as well so far. The Sep
19 is still tentatively open.

But COVID doesn't seem to be going away, so we'll have to learn to
live with it. Already been riding with a mask for the past 3 months.

--
Sreepathi Pai