Grandfathered ....

Roodog

May 23, 2010, 1:04:48 AM5/23/10
A letter from iiNet Support informs me that my Broadband 1 Lite plan has
been grandfathered, and I am to be moved to Home 2, for basically the
same cost, but with 8 gig less quota. I have been with iiNet for over 14
yrs, but it seems loyalty is no longer valued.
David

spodosaurus

May 23, 2010, 1:22:36 AM5/23/10

That's not what grandfathered means.

Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor and literally save someone's life:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

gxs

May 23, 2010, 2:27:42 AM5/23/10

Grandfather means legacy ;)

Basically you're losing your grandfather (legacy) plan and getting screwed
with a newer one, sorry to hear that!

g.

Loosecanon

May 23, 2010, 8:45:55 AM5/23/10

"spodosaurus" <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote in message

"Grandfather clocked" perhaps?

Bloke Down The Pub

May 23, 2010, 11:47:43 AM5/23/10

"spodosaurus" <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
> On 23/05/2010 1:04 PM, Roodog wrote:
>> A letter from iiNet Support informs me that my Broadband 1 Lite plan has
>> been grandfathered, and I am to be moved to Home 2, for basically the
>> same cost, but with 8 gig less quota. I have been with iiNet for over 14
>> yrs, but it seems loyalty is no longer valued.
>> David
>
> That's not what grandfathered means.

That's not my understanding either. If they said you have been
"grandfathered" then there should be no loss of your current conditions and
not improvement on them either. Should you wish to upgrade or down grade
your plan in the future then there will only be "new" plans to chose from.

Mike

Message has been deleted

Charlie

May 23, 2010, 8:30:16 PM5/23/10

I have received a similar email, but my quota has gone from
24GB[12+12] to 40GB

Bliink 256 lite previously now Home 2.

Charlie

TonyS

May 23, 2010, 9:53:22 PM5/23/10

I find this hard to believe.
MM has become too snobby now to follow this group, otherwise he would have
cleared this up.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Roodog

May 24, 2010, 7:33:56 AM5/24/10

From the letter:
Here's a closer look at the changes:
current plan new plan

broadband1 light($49.95/month) Home 2 + VoIP ($49.90/month)
current quota new quota
peak off-peak peak off-peak
10GB 10GB 6GB 6GB

spodosaurus

May 24, 2010, 8:34:06 AM5/24/10

Is your home phone with iiNet?

Roodog

May 26, 2010, 6:30:28 AM5/26/10
On Mon, 24 May 2010 20:34:06 +0800, spodosaurus wrote:

> On 24/05/2010 7:33 PM, Roodog wrote:

>> From the letter:
>> Here's a closer look at the changes:
>> current plan new plan
>>
>> broadband1 light($49.95/month) Home 2 + VoIP ($49.90/month)
current
>> quota new quota
>> peak off-peak peak off-peak
>> 10GB 10GB 6GB 6GB
>
> Is your home phone with iiNet?

Yes, I pay Line Rent to iiNet, but I rarely use the POTS line, just for
incoming calls. I dial out using VOIP.

spodosaurus

May 26, 2010, 7:47:18 AM5/26/10

How much were you paying for VOIP on your old plan?

Bloke Down The Pub

May 26, 2010, 8:36:02 PM5/26/10

"Roodog" <roo...@hotpop.com> wrote in message

It appears iinet have put you on to ADSL1 for that quota to apply, with a
speed of 512k/128k. Had they put you on ADSL2+ your new quota would be
20GB/20GB with speeds up to the max available. I would query this and
insist that they transfer you to the ADSL2+ plans (the "insist" should have
been in the sarcastic font, but mines broken at the moment)

Mike

Stephen X. Carter

May 26, 2010, 10:46:23 PM5/26/10

This latest round of changes have been very badly handled by iiNet. I
suspect that they were done in a hurry to respond to marketing issues
when iiNet compared itself to the offerings of other ISPs. (But I do
think that having a vast trail of grandfathered accounts is a burden and
sorting it out makes some sense). But.

If you look at the iiNet CRA

"6.4 We may vary the call charges and any other charges set out in the
Pricing Schedule from time to time. We will give you not less than 30
days prior notice of such variations by one of the methods of giving
notice listed in clause 1.3 of the General Terms. "

SO, if what was done was done with less than 30 days notice you (the OP)
should take it up with iiSupport and threaten them with report to the
TIO. Offering a compromise as implied by Mike.

HTH

--
steve.hat.stephencarter.not.com.but.net
Nothing is Beatle Proof!!

Roodog

May 27, 2010, 7:32:34 AM5/27/10
On Thu, 27 May 2010 10:46:23 +0800, Stephen X. Carter wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2010 08:36:02 +0800, "Bloke Down The Pub"
> <cab...@xxxx.iinet.net.au> wrote:
>

>>It appears iinet have put you on to ADSL1 for that quota to apply, with
>>a speed of 512k/128k. Had they put you on ADSL2+ your new quota would
>>be 20GB/20GB with speeds up to the max available. I would query this
>>and insist that they transfer you to the ADSL2+ plans (the "insist"
>>should have been in the sarcastic font, but mines broken at the moment)

As I am connected via a RIM, ADSL1 is all I can achieve.

> If you look at the iiNet CRA
>
> "6.4 We may vary the call charges and any other charges set out in the
> Pricing Schedule from time to time. We will give you not less than 30
> days prior notice of such variations by one of the methods of giving
> notice listed in clause 1.3 of the General Terms. "
>
> SO, if what was done was done with less than 30 days notice you (the OP)
> should take it up with iiSupport and threaten them with report to the
> TIO. Offering a compromise as implied by Mike.

I was given 30 days notice, that is not my beef - I was just a bit put
out at losing my quota. Thanks to all who replied.