IIIF 3D Update meeting - Wednesday 17th of April 2024 at 10:00am BST / 11:00am CEST / 6:00pm JST

Glen Robson

Apr 15, 2024, 7:02:21 PMApr 15
to iiif-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

There will be a special IIIF 3D update meeting this Wednesday at 10:00am BST / 11:00am CEST / 6:00pm JST which will be of interest to anyone who wants to hear the latest developments with integrating 3D into IIIF. We previously held a call in March where we shared the latest draft of the 3d specification (https://iiif.github.io/3d/temp-draft-4) and since then the group has been implementing this draft in a number of viewers to see if it works in practice. We have a couple of recordings including:

 * A look at implementing IIIF 3D manifests in Apple Vision Pro by Mike Appleby - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZWUMToLB1I
 * A discussion on extending the IIIF Javascript library Manifesto to support IIIF 3D - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PffTsDQunYA

In the meeting on Wednesday we will also have a demo from Zoe and Lukas demonstrating their implementation of the test manifests using Babylon.js.

The full agenda with connection details are available at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qKbkDpXdgTMEigt9n5CQKdz209KDZ7Ux6kvJZBQuhDg/edit?usp=sharing

Please join us to hear the latest IIIF 3D updates.

Thanks

Glen Robson
IIIF Technical Coordinator
International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Consortium
http://iiif.io

iiif_logo.png