3D Community Call - Thursday 2nd December - join us!

Ronald Haynes

Dec 1, 2021, 3:24:09 AM12/1/21
to iiif-d...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Hope you can join us for this month's IIIF 3D Community Group call - Thursday, 2nd December, 9.00 PT / 12.00 ET / 17.00 UK / 18.00 CET .

On the agenda:

Call details, running notes, past recordings, Zoom link and draft agenda will be available via:

There will also be further discussion regarding advanced preparations to become a Technical Specifications Group.

Hope to see you there!

All the Best,
Ronald

--
Ronald Haynes, University Senior Computer Officer, University of Cambridge Information Services
 Colleges/NSI/GLAM Relationship Manager & IT Community Development Manager

Ronald Haynes

Jan 26, 2022, 5:26:33 AM1/26/22
to iiif-d...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Hope you can join us for this month's IIIF 3D Community Group call - Thursday, 27th January, 9.00 PT / 12.00 ET / 17.00 UK / 18.00 CET .

On the agenda:

Call details, running notes, past recordings, Zoom link and draft agenda will be available via:

Please join in the call, and do share your related thoughts, suggestions, and news with our community.

Ronald Haynes

Feb 23, 2022, 1:24:24 PM2/23/22
to iiif-d...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Hope you can join us for this month's IIIF 3D Community Group call - Thursday, 24th February, 9.00 PT / 12.00 ET / 17.00 UK / 18.00 CET .

On the agenda:

  • Sophie Dixon, of Mnemoscene, will share a presentation on 'Creating cinematic virtual environments inspired by, and incorporating, cultural heritage collections' - with a focus on:
    • 'Grace' (2021 - http://grace-darling.film) an animated 3D short film commissioned by the RNLI Grace Darling Museum, UK
    • the process of making the film - 3D modelling, photogrammetry, lighting, filming, workflows (using Blender and Unity's High Definition Render Pipeline - HDRP)
  • Call for additional Co-Chairs for the Community Group, and suggestions for future sessions
  • Updates on the newly approved Technical Specifications Group (see: https://github.com/IIIF/trc/issues/84)!

Call details, running notes, past recordings, Zoom link and draft agenda will be available via:

Please join in the call, and do share your related thoughts, suggestions, and news with our community.

Hope to see you there!

All the Best,
Ronald

Ronald Haynes

Mar 23, 2022, 2:53:03 PM3/23/22
to iiif-d...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Hope you can join us for this month's IIIF 3D Community Group call - Thursday, 24th March, 10.00 PT / 13.00 ET / 17.00 UK / 18.00 CET <https://everytimezone.com/s/094b9779> (Please note the current timezone differences).

On the agenda:
  • Chris Crosby from UNAVCO and OpenTopography.org will be presenting this next community meeting.
    • UNAVCO is a community of scientists, educators, and professionals working together to better understand Earth processes and hazards using geodesy, funded by NSF and NASA.
    • OpenTopography.org is an NSF funded repository for geoscience data which offers a unique pipeline for data ingest and archiving, along with attached on-demand segmentation, translation, and analysis services which enable non-technical stakeholders to access and re-use arcane datatypes within their personal workflows.
  • Call for additional Co-Chairs for the Community Group, and suggestions for future sessions

Please join in the call, and do share your related thoughts, suggestions, and news with our community.

Hope to see you there!

All the Best,
Ronald

--
Ronald Haynes, University Senior Computer Officer, University of Cambridge Information Services
 Colleges/NSI/GLAM Relationship Manager & IT Community Development Manager
  Institution Strategy, Roger Needham Bldg, JJ Thompson Ave, Cambridge CB3 0RB
   44 (0)1223 334721 * Internal: 34721 / * www.uis.cam.ac.uk/partners
    Veholder.org * Co-chair IIIF 3D Community & Technical Specification groups (https://iiif.io/community/groups/3d)

Ronald Haynes

Feb 22, 2023, 11:32:39 AM2/22/23
to iiif-d...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

Please join us for our next 3D Community Group meeting this Thursday, 23rd February at 5pm UK/12 noon Eastern/6pm CET <https://everytimezone.com/s/5748c5dd>.We will welcome Ian Stuart, who is Head of Education for https://www.avantiseducation.com - the group behind https://www.classvr.com, https://www.avantisworld.com, and https://eduverse.com/uk - with VR-based curriculum, extensive use of Mozilla Hubs, and teacher and classroom support, with users in the schools, districts, and ministries of over 94 countries.We also will be confirming a new Co-chair, and catching up on other 3D-related news, including some planning for the annual conference in June.Please feel free to add any discussion items on to our running notes at IIIF 3D Community Group Call Running Notes.Here's the Zoom link:
https://stanford.zoom.us/j/99234876885?pwd=ai9Kb3BldmhGYzZpWVJFSTJrVEwvQT09

Please join in the call, and do share your related thoughts, suggestions, and news with our community.

Hope to see you there!

All the Best,
Ronald

--
Ronald Haynes, University Senior Computer Officer, University of Cambridge Information Services
 Colleges/NSI/GLAM Relationship Manager & IT Community Development Manager
  Institution Strategy, Roger Needham Bldg, JJ Thompson Ave, Cambridge CB3 0RB
   44 (0)1223 334721 * Internal: 34721 / * www.uis.cam.ac.uk/partners

Douglas Daniels

Mar 22, 2023, 11:37:52 AM3/22/23
to IIIF Discuss
Hi All,Please join us for our next 3D Community Group meeting this Thursday, 23rd March at 5pm UK/10am Pacific/6pm CET.We’ll be welcoming Oliver Kreylos, a Virtual Reality Researcher at UC Davis. He will be discussing some fundamental principles and reasons why  VR is highly effective for the analysis of large and complex three-dimensional data. We’ll be introduced to several concrete VR applications based on those principles that are being developed at UC Davis DataLab, and discuss the impacts they have had on practical research work.We will also be catching up on other 3D-related news, including some planning for the annual conference in June.Please feel free to add any discussion items on to our running notes at IIIF 3D Community Group Call Running Notes - Google DocsHere's the Zoom link! Hope to see you there. https://stanford.zoom.us/j/99234876885?pwd=ai9Kb3BldmhGYzZpWVJFSTJrVEwvQT09

Best,
Doug

Ronald Haynes

Apr 19, 2023, 7:03:07 AM4/19/23
to iiif-d...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

Please join us for our next 3D Community Group meeting tomorrow - Thursday, 20th April at 5pm UK/10am Pacific/6pm CET. (https://everytimezone.com/s/f94a6552).

We’ll be hearing more about the work of Felix Horn, from the Bavarian State Library 3D Officer (Munich, Germany), and about:

bavarikon, which is the internet portal of the Free State of Bavaria for the presentation of art and culture from Bavarian institutions.

Archives, libraries and museums are involved, as well as institutions of state administration, of those engaged in the preservation of historical monuments, and of those promoting scholarship.  bavarikon provides worldwide free access to a broad spectrum of cultural assets such as documents and archival records, manuscripts, archaeological discoveries, paintings, graphics and photographs, city plans and maps, sculptures, means of payment, castles and palaces, as well as folk culture etc.

In addition to the digitization of two-dimensional originals such as texts, maps or images, the MDZ (Munich DigitiZation Center) is also dedicated to the digitization of cultural assets in 3D. The beginnings of 3D digitization date back to 2007.

We will also be catching up on other 3D-related news, including planning ideas for the annual conference in June.  Please feel free to add any discussion items on to our running notes at IIIF 3D Community Group Call Running Notes - Google Docs.  Please join in the call, and do share your related thoughts, suggestions, and news with our community.

Hope to see you there – and the Zoom link is: https://stanford.zoom.us/j/99234876885?pwd=ai9Kb3BldmhGYzZpWVJFSTJrVEwvQT09

All the Best,
Ronald