Mirador Plugin Update Survey

Enrique Diaz

May 28, 2024, 1:56:08 PMMay 28
to IIIF Discuss

Hello,

The Mirador community of contributors recently made available for evaluation a pre-release of Mirador 4.0,, which includes updates of the viewer software’s core internal components. As part of the work to create a full release, attention is now turning to updating plugins often associated with Mirador implementations to be compatible with 4.0. With a community this large and diverse, however, knowing which plugins have the most use and the highest impact is a challenge.

To help assess, prioritize, and advocate for plugin updates effectively, a brief survey has been prepared, and we’d very much like your input.. Please visit the following URL and share your responses to a handful of questions about which plugins factor critically into your implementations:

https://forms.gle/yg1xowV3LhTMNvJH6

We’re using this opportunity to solicit more participation from the community to work on these updates, so please forward this survey on to colleagues who may be in a position to contribute. This survey will run through the end of June, with results and a follow-up plan drafted in July.

Many thanks go to Brittny Lapierre from the Canadian Research Knowledge Network for leading the charge to organize this survey!

Sincerely,

Enrique Diaz on behalf of the Mirador Community