Is UniversalViewer compatible with ES6

Ramya Janaki

Nov 21, 2022, 2:07:40 PM11/21/22
to IIIF Discuss
Is https://www.npmjs.com/package/universalviewer better than https://github.com/openseadragon/openseadragon for implementing an IIIF viewer with my nextjs application . I do not have typescript(I have ES6), so is there any repos that implement universalviewer with nextjs without typescript? I feel like universalviewer is more compatible with typescript

Is that right?

Mat Jordan

Nov 23, 2022, 9:05:54 AM11/23/22
to IIIF Discuss
Hi there,

Universal Viewer uses OpenSeadragon as do most IIIF viewers. Any OpenSeadragon based viewers will need to by dynamically imported into Next.js due to Next's build process. You should be able to do this both with and without typescript.

If it fits yours needs, the Clover viewer which we are developing can be implemented using the following directions:

For more information on Next and dynamic imports, see: https://nextjs.org/docs/advanced-features/dynamic-import

Best!