Ramp 3.0.0 (IIIF media player) now available

Lynema, Emily

Mar 14, 2024, 10:32:18 AMMar 14
to iiif-d...@googlegroups.com

Ramp is a IIIF Presentation 3.0 player for AV materials, and we are proud to announce a new release, Ramp 3.0.0, which involves significant additions to prior functionality. This release of Ramp now serves as the media player for the Avalon Media System, rendering both multi-file media items and playlists within that interface. Note also that Ramp now has a publicly available demo site, in addition to updated documentation of features.

This release was tested in Chrome and Safari on desktop, as well as Safari on iOS and Chrome on Android. We anticipate a bugfix release in the next few weeks to resolve a few cases we found in testing across our large collections at IU, including the addition of support for .srt captions, which are not supported natively by video.js.

Notable Changes from v2.0.0

  • New components for displaying metadata, supplemental files, markers (highlighting annotations), and auto-advance toggle
  • Updates to the player UI and structured navigation UI (including resolving some accessibility problems)
  • New props introduced in IIIFPlayer component to set start Canvas and time, in Transcript component to use a manifest URL instead of listing the transcripts, and in MediaPlayer component to customize player interface.
  • And more details are documented in the Wiki, which will walk you through upgrading to version 3.0.0

See list of known issues: https://github.com/samvera-labs/ramp/wiki/Known-Issues

We’re excited to have multiple contributors for this release. Thanks to everyone on the Avalon Media System team who contributed code and/or testing:

  • Dananji Withana
  • Chris Colvard
  • Mason Ballengee
  • Jon Cameron