Beta release of IIIF Image API and Presentation API

Josh Hadro

Jun 21, 2019, 12:23:11 PM6/21/19
to iiif-d...@googlegroups.com, iiif-a...@googlegroups.com, iiif-m...@googlegroups.com
Hello IIIF Community --

I'm very excited to announce that as of last night, the 3.0 versions of the Image and Presentation APIs have been moved to Beta status! 🎉

This exciting news comes just in time for the Annual Conference in Göttingen next week, so hopefully plenty of discussion there.

Here are the links to the beta versions of each spec:

Image API: https://iiif.io/api/image/3.0/
Presentation API: https://iiif.io/api/presentation/3.0/

With extensive attention from the IIIF spec Editors and our Technical Review Committee (TRC), this release is intended for implementation, and we anticipate very few if any changes for the final release (though of course we'll fix any significant reported issues).

Many thanks to the Editors for shepherding the release to this stage, and additional thanks to all participants in the TRC review process that has solidified the contents of this release.

We look forward to seeing what can be done with these APIs, so please share progress as you make it via the IIIF Discuss email list (iiif-d...@googlegroups.com)!

Thanks --

Josh

--