Re: Abridged summary of ihmobilereading@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Tom Walton

Mar 16, 2013, 3:00:14 AM3/16/13
to ihmobil...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone:

Can I ask a newbie question...?

Why does everyone call them specifically iPads? Why not call them tablets?

Is it that someone out there (ie Apple) really, really wants us all to buy and promote iPads or are there actually good reasons why an iPad is a very much better tool than anything else?

(I ask, partly, as I'm about to buy my own first tablet...)

Tom

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 11:37 PM, <ihmobil...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/ihmobilereading/topics

    International House Newcastle <ihnewc...@gmail.com> Mar 15 01:58AM -0700

    Click here to read some interesting research on the implementation of IPads
    in state school teaching
    ...more

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group ihmobilereading.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
Sent from the good old-fashioned kind of device that doesn't require me to boast about it.

Patrick Marjoram

Mar 17, 2013, 5:47:12 AM3/17/13
to ihmobil...@googlegroups.com
I am a 100% fan of Android tablets... particularly the Galaxy Note 10.1" (or 8" soon to go on sale if the 10" is too big for you) because of the S-Pen (digital Stylus) and this will even allow our students to use their tabs as digital paper using their natural hand writing in class and hopefully becoming 100% paperless.

A few links to compare styli for iPad and to compare S-Pen to iStylus:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/10/2925937/best-stylus-ipad-review

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1/621694-how-s-pen-compared-using-stylus-ipad.html

Youtube is also full of videos showing the Note in the Classroom and using the S-Pen.

Pat

resen...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2013, 6:44:38 AM3/20/13
to ihmobil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

I was also wondering if people were actually talking about the apple brand or are generally calling them iPads.

What qualities should we look for when we choose to buy one?

I'm also thinking about buying one.

Paula

Shaun

Mar 20, 2013, 11:46:15 AM3/20/13
to ihmobil...@googlegroups.com
I think the issue is more that most people have ipads so they interchange that with tablet. In the meeting there were only two android users so people were talking about they use. I hope this group will talk about them both. I would really like an android user to convince me of their prowess. I have played on a nexus and a samung and though like the operating systems for me the range and ability of the apps available on google play comes nowhere near those available on itunes.  For me the so called benefit of the stylus with a samsung is moot as you can buy them for pads as well (I use one as I have chunky fingers).