Q&A regarding a vendor looking into implementing the DICOM Email exchange

Andrew Casertano

May 14, 2013, 1:47:51 PM5/14/13
to ihed...@googlegroups.com
I received a question from a vendor and thought I'd post an edited version for the group.

Quick question about the connectathon. We are looking into implementing the DICOM Email exchange as described in supplement 113 and ADA technical report 1048. There are other parts of SEDI that don’t really apply to what we are doing.

So, would it be appropriate to implement just the DICOM email exchange portion for the connectathon next year? For example, we would not implement XDS because our system doesn’t involve the use of those?
Thanks,

Response:

SEDI requires XDS web services specifically and optionally email.

May I suggest that you look into the IHE XDM profile, which is specific to email?

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Cross-enterprise_Document_Media_Interchange

Hope this helps, Andrew