XBeR vs XDW formatCodes

Rick Riemer

Apr 5, 2012, 8:52:40 AM4/5/12
to ihe-xdw-im...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

While implementing an initial version of the XBeR-WD profile, I ran into a question about the formatCode. The XBeR draft (volume 2, revision 2) mentions both a formatCode for XBeR-WD as well as a formatCode for XDW. I assume that individual Workflow Definitions will use their own formatCode, and thus the XBeR-WD code is better than the generic XDW code. Further more the IHE Wiki lists the formatCode for generic XDW differently:

XDW rev 2.1 formatCode: urn:ihe:iti:xdw:2011:workflowDoc
XBeR draft 2 formatCode: urn:ihe:pcc:xberwd:2012
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=IHE_Format_Codes XDW formatCode: urn:ihe:iti:xdw:2011

Which one should I use for an XBeR Workflow Document? And which one will we use at the Connect-a-thon?

Thanks,

Rick Riemer
Forcare

Mauro Zanardini

Apr 5, 2012, 11:04:48 AM4/5/12
to rickr...@gmail.com, ihe-xdw-im...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rick,
I'm working on XDW and on the definition of  the XBeR-WD profile.
First, XBeR-WD isn't already an approved profile by the PCC, so no test about it will be developed during the EU connectathon (today there are still many open issues on Workflow Definition profiles). In Bern we will have only simple test about XDW:
-create a Workflow Document
-read a Workflow Document
-update a Workflow Document
-share and update a Workflow Document
In  the TF (section 5.4.4 ---> reviewed by the Lynn's CP) you can find a simple example where we use an eReferral process only as an example (we could have used each other type of document). So during the CAT we shall use the generic formatCode defined.
BUT, i think that when you create a Workflow Document related to a eReferral process you shall use the formatCode defined for a generic Workflow Document and we shall use the code defined for the specific Workflow Definition (urn:ihe:pcc:xberwd:2012) as the typeCode.

Secondly, You are right! There is an inconsistency between the TF and the XDS Coding System (as weel as in the IHE wiki). We are going to determine which is the right definition for the XDW formatCode in these days.

Regards
Mauro

2012/4/5 Rick Riemer <rickr...@gmail.com>

Dott. Mauro Zanardini
Project Engineer

Consorzio Arsenàl.IT
Centro Veneto Ricerca e Innovazione per la Sanità Digitale
Viale Oberdan, 5
31100 Treviso

E-mail: mzana...@consorzioarsenal.it

Lynn Felhofer

Apr 10, 2012, 4:52:07 PM4/10/12
to ihe-xdw-implementors
Specific to the formatCode for XDW, the XDW supplement is normative
and takes precedence over the wiki page, so we will use
urn:ihe:iti:xdw:2011:workflowDoc in the pre-Connectathon tests and
Connectathon tests you see in gazelle today.

I have updated http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=IHE_Format_Codes to
remove the inconsistency.

Lynn Felhofer