[ihe-xdw-implementors:31]] TaskEvent.Id and TaskEvent.Identifier

Sandra S

May 16, 2012, 6:36:20 AM5/16/12
to ihe-xdw-im...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

for me it is not clear, why a TaskEvent has two identifiers (id and identifier). My understanding is, that the TaskEvent of OASIS WS-Human Task specification is the basis for XDW TaskEvent, which was adapted and integrated. In the OASIS WS-Human Task a TaskEvent has also the child elements "id" and "identifier", where the id is the id is the identifier of the TaskEvent, which is unique in a Task and the identifier is the Task ID itself.
Please, clarify the difference between these two identifiers (id and identifier) in XDW TaskEvent. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Sandra Schmidlehner

Mauro Zanardini

May 16, 2012, 7:22:59 AM5/16/12
to sandra.sc...@gmail.com, ihe-xdw-im...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sandra,
The element taskEvent wasn't extended or integrated by XDW, so its specification is the same as in WS-HumanTask. In particular:
-taskEvent/id: is an identifier unique inside the task (it is expected that this identifier explains the "position" of the taskEvent within the task, so it shall be an incremental value)
-taskEvent/identifier: is a globally unique identifier for the taskEvent (type URI)

Best Regards
Mauro

2012/5/16 Sandra S <sandra.sc...@gmail.com>

Dott. Mauro Zanardini
Project Engineer

Consorzio Arsenàl.IT
Centro Veneto Ricerca e Innovazione per la Sanità Digitale
Viale Oberdan, 5
31100 Treviso

E-mail: mzana...@consorzioarsenal.it

Sandra S

May 16, 2012, 8:08:05 AM5/16/12
to Mauro Zanardini, ihe-xdw-im...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thank you for your answer.
Where did you found the definition of taskEvent.identifier? Because my understanding was, that the taskEvent.identifier is the taskID (http://docs.oasis-open.org/bpel4people/ws-humantask-1.1.html)

Best Regards,

Sandra

Mauro Zanardini

May 16, 2012, 10:38:41 AM5/16/12
to Sandra S, ihe-xdw-im...@googlegroups.com
Sandra,
You're right, my explanation disagrees with WS-HumanTask specification. But I think that WS-HumanTask specification, in this case, is not correct. I think it isn't helpful to store, within a taskEvent element, the task which it belongs to. For future development of XDW it can be more important define an URI for the specific event that occurs during the workflow (this permits to track the reference of the event). I hope we are going to solve this inconsistence during next week.

Thanks for your work.