Rad Reporting Tables

Kevin O'Donnell

Nov 21, 2006, 2:23:48 AM11/21/06
to ihe-re...@googlegroups.com, Lindop, Christopher (GE Healthcare), Cor Loef
Hi,

Attached is a draft of the profile and format tables for Clinical
Reports from the Radiology point of view.

It was generated during the Rad. Tech Cmte meeting earlier
this month.

In particular, we tried to add Data Flow Tables (See pgs 7 & 8)
which map the flow of data (in this case clinical report related data)
in and out of the various systems in an example hospital.  Some
of the inputs and outputs are profiled in IHE profiles, but it is not
a pre-requisite for being shown in the Data Flow tables.  It was
a useful exercise to see how it could all come together and where
the gaps, dangling wires and duct tape were.

Futurama Hospital represents how things might look years down
the road.  The table for Springfield General tries to show a "typical"
community hospital today, and then we were going to add a table
showing Springfield General one year into a transition plan, 2 years
in, etc.

I handed off editing at that point so there should be one later version
of this document which includes the Year 1 and Year 2 Springfield
tables.   It's clear that two areas needing attention (and vendor
participation) are transcription and transitioning paper distribution.

It would be interesting to see a Cardiology, Lab, or ITI take on this.

Til Later,
  Kevin
Aspects of Reporting-V7-Rad.doc

cor....@philips.com

Nov 23, 2006, 4:13:19 AM11/23/06
to IHE Reporting Task Force
Kevin, Reporting task force,

Aspects-of-Reporting v8 is available on the IHE FTP server in the
Reporting_Task_Force folder.
Also Reporting Discussions 06.10.18-v2.doc is in there.

Take care,
Cor