IHE - Gemini MPD work item

Jose Costa Teixeira

Mar 21, 2024, 7:07:07 AMMar 21
to ihe-pharmacy, pharm...@lists.hl7.org

Dear IHE Pharmacy members, dear HL7 Pharmacy co-chairs

We have started producing an IHE profile / Implementation Guide for Medication Prescription and Dispense. We had some initial discussions which were important for us to see what the important issues are, and define first steps.

We would now like to extend the participation and start aligning across standards, closing issues, and writing down the profile. This new phase will start in April, and we would like to extend the invitation to HL7 International members and HL7 Europe.

The international character of IHE and HL7, and the fact that this is a GEMINI project, will help us ensure this is truly global guidance.

The presence of our European colleagues and experts will give us a good boost in the meetings, in the input requirements, and in the editorial work. For this, we propose the following:

  • A joint working group of HL7 international, HL7 Europe, and IHE. The calls will be joint calls

  • Based on the input we had now, the calls will be organized every wednesday at 14:00 Brussels time

    • If needed, we can adjust the schedule, e.g. alternate the calls between “functional” (volume 1) and “technical” (volume 2) or “discussion” vs “work item resolution”

  • As discussed, I would facilitate the calls from the IHE side, HL7 Europe (or international) will appoint a co-facilitator.

  • The outcome would be 2 Implementation Guides:

    • The Gemini international base guidance, hosted by IHE

    • A European specification, based on the international guidance, hosted by HL7 EU.

We would like to invite people to contribute with comments and presence in our meetings. If there are additional thoughts, ideas, or concerns, please let me know.

Kind regards