IHE Technical Committee meeting notes

Michael Tan

Nov 2, 2022, 7:03:27 AM11/2/22
to Jose Costa Teixeira, SPAHNI Stéphane, Marc Robberecht, TZIMIS, Leonidas (tzileon@gmail.com), LIGIER Quentin, Hernany Silva Costa Melo, Anne van Berkel Meier, GS1 Switzerland, Sylvia Stein, ihe-pharmacy

Hello IHE pharmacy members,

We had a technical committee call planned, but there was no co-chair present. Nontheless the persons present, did want to exchange news and events. I made some small notes which you find below:

Present: Quentin Ligier, Hernany Silva Costa Melo, Stephane Spahni, Michael Tan

Announcements:

  • As mentioned in the last call, Trudy has switched from Nictiz to Cap Gemini. No other cochair is present and that implies that this call cannot be viewed as an official technical committee meeting. Michael will contact Jose about this issue.
  • Good news is that EAHP will send one representative. Jacqueline Surugue has mentioned in her e-mail, that  Leonidas Tzimis will represent the pharmacists.
  • Two ISO products need to be renewed. IHE Pharmacy has had special interests in these topics. These are:
    • Revision of ISO 17523 ‘Requirements for electronic prescriptions’
    • ISO/TR 20831 ‘Health informatics — Medication management concepts and definitions’
  • These ISO standards, which are on  a higher level and do not specify workflows or technical transactions, need to be in line with IHE Pharmacy documents and standards. ISO WG6 is now preparing the set up for these revision tracks.
  • The next European Connectathon will be held in Rennes on 25th of September- 29 th of September 2023
  • Switzerland has decided only to use FHIR implementation for the Shared Medication Plan. CDA support will be terminated.  All new initiatives in Switzerland will be in FHIR and not CDA.
  • Netherlands has decided for the opposite direction and to stick to CDA for the moment to save the investments made in the past. Nictiz is performing a GAP analysis between the European Eprescription requirements and the Dutch standard. Nictiz also needs to decide what the involvement is of Nictiz for IHE Pharmacy and if Hernany will continue with his activities.

With kind regards,

Michael Tan

Tel:  0643775461,

Woxingtan

Jose Costa Teixeira

Nov 2, 2022, 8:59:29 AM11/2/22
to Michael Tan, SPAHNI Stéphane, Marc Robberecht, TZIMIS, Leonidas (tzileon@gmail.com), LIGIER Quentin, Hernany Silva Costa Melo, Anne van Berkel Meier, GS1 Switzerland, Sylvia Stein, ihe-pharmacy
Dear All

I am sorry I missed this. The first thing we should take care of is getting the google calendar in order, since I was relying on the google calendar - I think we had an official one?
And with times being super busy, if it is not in my agenda, I may miss events. My apologies for this.

I wish I were there, also to report on the considerable advance on Supply - Marc made a ton of changes and I already added some more stuff.

I think we do have one pending question about Prescription workflows (and there is a FHIR discussion ongoing that will impact us), but we can and should align with ISO 17523, namely because I hope we can get the data model and ensure ours is aligned with it.

Kind regards

José